Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Bordeaux away

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:12 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:04 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:59 pm Just heard Gov.uk saying we have got to take a test before we travel, not self administered, must book and take test.

I'm going to read more but they are really making it difficult to travel.
Still current at:
3 December 2021
Updated:
3 December 2021
Latest update:
Update to information on changes to entry rules from midnight 4 December local time (11pm GMT 3 December); those travelling from the UK to France must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) before departure. This applies to all travellers whether fully vaccinated or not. ('Summary' and 'Entry requirements' pages)
Fit to Fly test at Bitteswell £14.99 Think this is the right one?
THIS MAY NOT BE THE CORRECT ONE. I THINK ITS ANOTHER PCR THATS NEEDED AT £40?
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

My reading is that a certificated Lateral Flow Test is fine. Getting mine done at a local branch of a national pharmacy chain (no not Boots, but they do it too).

It’s an inconvenience and it will probably only reduce the number of people travelling while infected v slightly, but at least not soooo expensive.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rule ... e-UK-28918

And also the same advice is now on the FCO travel advice page for France.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Grimlish wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:02 pm My reading is that a certificated Lateral Flow Test is fine. Getting mine done at a local branch of a national pharmacy chain (no not Boots, but they do it too).

It’s an inconvenience and it will probably only reduce the number of people travelling while infected v slightly, but at least not soooo expensive.

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rule ... e-UK-28918

And also the same advice is now on the FCO travel advice page for France.
I checked with Bitteswell supplier this morning, their Free to Fly test kit at £14.99 is an Antigen test and therefore should be acceptable to France. Booked mine.
firstposition

Post by firstposition »

The supplier of my original Day 2 lft, now redundant as a test on return, has agreed that it can be used as a fit to fly test. Anyone with one of these might find it worth checking this out.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Its looking like its going to be impossible to travel to match

Government are saying we have to get Covid test 48hrs before we come back, how we going to get that done over a weekend in France? :smt017
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Just heard on C4 News that UK will introduce from
Tuesday a pre departure test for all travellers entering the UK. Not specific on type of test, or timeframe for test to be taken prior to departure.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:13 pm Its looking like its going to be impossible to travel to match

Government are saying we have to get Covid test 48hrs before we come back, how we going to get that done over a weekend in France? :smt017
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:13 pm Its looking like its going to be impossible to travel to match

If you are away less than 48 hours Simon Calder Has demonstrated it is possible to use your outbound test for the return too.

Presumably there will Fit to Fly testing available in Bordeaux including at the Airport. Impossible? No. More difficult? Certainly.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:15 pm

They’re are always pharmacies open on a Sunday, if you are leaving on Monday. The hotel desk will advise you as you may need to make an appointment. I’ll check the very latest regs.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

First announced a Flow Test required 2 days after we return, bought my kit.

Second changed it to a PCR test, booked and paid mine.

Third introduced a pre departure test a couple of days ago, booked and paid mine.

Fourth, Just announced we need a Pre-Entry test 48 hrs before we return, how we going to get that done over weekend in France?

The amount of money I'm losing, Rail tickets, plus EuroStar have no refund clauses, no way to get match tickets refunded.

Why did we book to go a couple of months ago, Why didn't Gov issue all these requirements in 1 go?
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

IRobespierre I don’t think that website has yet been updated for an announcement made this evening by Mr Javid, which is for a Fit 2 Fly test to be taken in France to be able To return to the UK.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Grimlish wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:17 pm

If you are away less than 48 hours Simon Calder Has demonstrated it is possible to use your outbound test for the return too.

Presumably there will Fit to Fly testing available in Bordeaux including at the Airport. Impossible? No. More difficult? Certainly.
Hi both, thanks for your continuing research, Im travelling Thursday until Monday morning, getting Eurostar in the afternoon, I just cant get my head around timescale as to how to get test and result by Sunday to get home.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:43 pm
Grimlish wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi both, thanks for your continuing research, Im travelling Thursday until Monday morning, getting Eurostar in the afternoon, I just cant get my head around timescale as to how to get test and result by Sunday to get home.
Trendy are you following this?