Bordeaux away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Bordeaux away

Post by trendylfj »

Yes, I am following it - have contacted my hotel to ask if we can get the test done on a Sat morning or on Friday night at the airport when we arrive. If I am correct, we cannot get the test done in UK before departure for France as that is outside of the 48 hrs limit and we would be in the air on our way out when the 48 hrs starts as we are coming back on Sunday and travelling out on Friday. Ryanair won't refund the flights I am sure and I have contacted the Beagles in the hope they can sell our tickets or offer a refund. Will update on here with any info I have
Hehehehehehehehe
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Returning from Greece in September I used test kits purchased in the UK that I carried with me. Supplied by Randox, the process created a certificate accepted by our Government - some tests were supervised by video, others were unsupervised. It’s probably too late to reliably get such kits posted to arrive before I travel on Wednesday but some of you have access to collect such test kits from a Pharmacy…
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Grimlish wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:33 pm Returning from Greece in September I used test kits purchased in the UK that I carried with me. Supplied by Randox, the process created a certificate accepted by our Government - some tests were supervised by video, others were unsupervised. It’s probably too late to reliably get such kits posted to arrive before I travel on Wednesday but some of you have access to collect such test kits from a Pharmacy…
My solution may be to collect an extra kit from Bitteswell to take with me, when I go on Tuesday to take my pre-departure test. Got to leave it until later on Tuesday to stay within 48hr rule as my Eurostar does not depart until Thursday afternoon.
In order to get my return result, I will need to take that test later on Saturday to get result on Sunday so I can catch early return train on Monday 13th, before getting my 2 day test on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Feeling really frustrated, I was looking forward to the trip when the draw was first announced, not so sure now.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:42 pm
Grimlish wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:33 pm Returning from Greece in September I used test kits purchased in the UK that I carried with me. Supplied by Randox, the process created a certificate accepted by our Government - some tests were supervised by video, others were unsupervised. It’s probably too late to reliably get such kits posted to arrive before I travel on Wednesday but some of you have access to collect such test kits from a Pharmacy…
My solution may be to collect an extra kit from Bitteswell to take with me, when I go on Tuesday to take my pre-departure test. Got to leave it until later on Tuesday to stay within 48hr rule as my Eurostar does not depart until Thursday afternoon.
In order to get my return result, I will need to take that test later on Saturday to get result on Sunday so I can catch early return train on Monday 13th, before getting my 2 day test on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Feeling really frustrated, I was looking forward to the trip when the draw was first announced, not so sure now.
So long as that gets you a certificate before you board or you wont get on the flight...

I have now booked tests at the airport - 20 minute turnaround for 30 Euros a piece. Go to bordeaux.aeroport.fr then the News and Updates link in the bottom left corner - its then the 6th entry down (or so). Set up an account (which can cover named individuals) and make sure you get specifc appointment times for each member of the party
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

There is a covid testing centre in the airport - open 7 days a week - https://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/en/new ... re-airport - LFT ready in 20 mins cost €30. Trip back on I hope
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:09 pm There is a covid testing centre in the airport - open 7 days a week - https://www.bordeaux.aeroport.fr/en/new ... re-airport - LFT ready in 20 mins cost €30. Trip back on I hope
Thanks trendy, might chat with you tomorrow, we sit in front of you, will mean a trip out to Airport before I go to Station to catch train.
firstposition

Post by firstposition »

From gov.uk
"Where to take your test
You will need to find a private test provider to take a test.

You can choose to take a test:

in the place where you start your journey
in another country on your way to England, if you are travelling through another country
Where possible, the government travel advice pages provide information about finding a testing provider."

Further research suggests that pharmacies in France do lft for €29. In Bordeaux, Pharmacie la Flèche is one possibility.
LE18: we have the same schedule as you - Thurs to Mon, Eurostar. I'm hoping to be able to get a test at a pharmacy on Sat/Sun.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Guess which team is leading the Top14!

Got it! Union Bordeaux/Bègles, who beat former leader and current championsToulouse 17-7 yesterday evening.
Bordeaux fly half Matthieu Jalibert left the field at half time with a muscle strain but we don't know exactly how serious. From a Tigers' point of view, a two-week rest for him would be advisable!

There's one Top14 match later today, Stade Français v La Rochelle, and I'll post all this weekend's results tomorrow.
Semper in excretia
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Good luck to everyone travelling and I hope you bring back a positive win and a negative test!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Overnight i have been considering the consequences of the latest regs.

Up to yesterday I was 100% going, happy to take all the tests before going, happy to take the 2 day release when I got home, but yesterdays bombshell, Pre-Return testing.

What happens if, it may only be a small if, if I get a positive test before I return? It means a 10 day isolation in a hotel in France, maybe your group would also have to isolate, it means that none of my train tickets will be valid. I estimate that could add approx £900 to what I have already paid out.

Guys I think you all have to ask yourselves what if I get a positive test before I come home? Do we still take the risk?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

We are very very unlikely to go - I have checked with the hotel who tells me there are plenty of places to get tested in Bordeaux but as you say LE18, the problem is if we or one of us test positive it is isolation in a covid secure hotel at our expense, plus all of the hassle of getting return flights, cars out of the car park, etc. They tell me that the hotel charges vary but can be over €1500 pp. No reply yet from the Beagles regarding tickets but the T&C says no refunds.
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I'm not going, but that is due to family commitments at the weekend.

Personally if I'm taking a test prior to departure, then I'm thinking the odds of getting a positive one just a couple of days later is pretty long odds, but I'm not the one affected by this.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:59 pm I'm not going, but that is due to family commitments at the weekend.

Personally if I'm taking a test prior to departure, then I'm thinking the odds of getting a positive one just a couple of days later is pretty long odds, but I'm not the one affected by this.
Yes I had thought along those lines, but my testing is scheduled for Tuesday pm, my testing for return would be Saturday pm, they say that the latest variant can be caught and detected in 3 days so that raises the % of detection further. Its looking more like a 100% No No for me, will save my hotel costs, pay on arrival free cancellation, and spending monies so that's some consideration.

Off to todays match now.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Weather forecast is :censored: for next Saturday, so bring your waterproofs, sou'westers etc!!
Semper in excretia
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Would be tempted to go team wise especially if wet weather
1. Genge, 2. Montoya, 3. Cole
4. Wells, 5. Chessum
6. Hanro (If Fit)/Martin, 7. Van Staden, 8. Wiese
9. Youngs, 10. Ford
12. Kelly, 13. Scott