Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps (A) PRC - 20th November 2021 13:30 ko

Post by RagingBull »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:08 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:41 am Highlights: https://www.premiershiprugby.com/watch/ ... up-round-2
I know that there was a mismatch in terms of age and experience but there were some well executed scores there.

TBF Wasps pack on average was older.
Half backs the same
Tigers outside backs were a lot older though.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:09 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:41 am Highlights: https://www.premiershiprugby.com/watch/ ... up-round-2
I know that there was a mismatch in terms of age and experience but there were some well executed scores there.

Half backs the same
After their stints in the back row I wonder whether either of Whitcombe or Francois van Wyk prefer that to prop
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 am

Half backs the same
After their stints in the back row I wonder whether either of Whitcombe or Francois van Wyk prefer that to prop
Every prop dreams of being a back rower outside of maybe White, Cole and Ayerza types
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

No need to apologise Oakham you expressed your opinion just as I did. As a winger I would currently rank Kobus in our top four but some of the others you mention are more versatile covering other positions. At present I think kobus is probably better than Hosea but without the potential to improve, Hosea's second try yesterday was a thing of beauty and I look forward to more of them as he matures into a Premiership player.and challenges Nadolo and Potter for a starting place.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 am

Half backs the same
On one of the recent instagram/youtube player interview Van Wyk actually revealed he started in the center, went to the back row and ended up in the front - so he has experience there - wasn't a completely left field decision by SB.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:24 am No need to apologise Oakham you expressed your opinion just as I did. As a winger I would currently rank Kobus in our top four but some of the others you mention are more versatile covering other positions. At present I think kobus is probably better than Hosea but without the potential to improve, Hosea's second try yesterday was a thing of beauty and I look forward to more of them as he matures into a Premiership player.and challenges Nadolo and Potter for a starting place.
I think Kobus just isn't hitting his stride. There's some very weak skills out of hands at times (have a look at the pass to potter for his second try in the highlights for PC vs Wasps - it was very poor - he almost completely butchered it). In the air against Sale was iffy too - he seems to show flashes of greatness but fouls before doing anything with it e.g knock ons. He's got skills no doubt, but just isn't getting all the pieces right (and hes had plenty of time to do so).

I think he needs a different team/approach to really deliver, he hasn't lived up to expectation since arrival (given the show reel).

I think top four is generous IMO.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

People imo tend to focus more on the mistakes than the good with Van Wyk.
For example people will mention the pass to porter.
But also won't mention Kini's mess up pass to Van Wyk which actually did cost us a try.

Reality is he is prob on too much for where he is on the depth chart, but I could see him doing very well with another club tbh.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Some of Matt Scott's handling has been average at best as well.

Its definitely a shame we didn't see anything of Manz & Browning.

Let's not forget Saumaki isn't that young.

Chessum is making a real statement, arguably ahead of Martin now, there is a hint of Parling in how he plays.

My view on yesterday would be ignore the scoreline its actual performance(s) that matter.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

The Kelly/Scott/Moroni conundrum is a great problem to have! If I had to pick,I’d go Kelly/Scott just,but I’d probably change my mind tomorrow!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:34 am People imo tend to focus more on the mistakes than the good with Van Wyk.
For example people will mention the pass to porter.
But also won't mention Kini's mess up pass to Van Wyk which actually did cost us a try.

Reality is he is prob on too much for where he is on the depth chart, but I could see him doing very well with another club tbh.
I think Van Wyk is bottom of our list, yesterday he just didn't stand out. You mention Kiri's bad pass but you certainly saw Kini everywhere, Van Wyk was largely anonymous in a side that really players could and should have shone out.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Some pretty half hearted tackles for the Wasps try but otherwise couldn't fault the lads. Lancaster's kicking looked very solid, Saumaki a great finisher and some well constructed tries. Good run out for some of the squad players and very good exposure for some of the youngsters. Agbongbon looks like he could be a real talent albeit haven't seen a huge amount of him so far. Exciting times
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

This may be old news......but I've just picked up on the Worcester/ Bristol score.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

for all the talk of KVW and his poor skills it was his double miss pass that put Hosea in for his third try
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:17 pm This may be old news......but I've just picked up on the Worcester/ Bristol score.
Bristol red card after 39 minutes certainly didn’t help and Worcester had some experienced players in their side compared to a very inexperienced Bristol side.. still, good win for them.