Wasps (A) PRC - 20th November 2021 13:30 ko

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps (A) PRC - 20th November 2021 13:30 ko

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,it's like our own fans are moaning about our strength in depth!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

i very much like that score. I still can't believe what is happening with this Tigers squad.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

It was well worth the trip, first half started amazingly but then went very quiet. 2nd half was brilliant, we made all the changes in the 2nd half, all the youngsters got quite a lot of time and we scored loads of tries. Chessum is unbelievable, he was everywhere. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What nationality is Chessum please?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:06 pm What nationality is Chessum please?
Think he's English, born in Lincs IIRC. Not sure about parentage / heritage an who else he may qualify for.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks 👍
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

for any who watched how did Dan Lancaster look at 10?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Dan Lancaster did ok, difficult to judge against weak opposition but he kicked his goals well put in some tackles, a decent all round game but not yet a threat to Ford for the 10 slot.
I differ from Oakham Tiger in that I thought Kobus Van Wyke had a good game, he could have had a couple of tries if passes to him had been more accurate or if Kini had passed when he should have done. Kobus unselfishly threw a brilliant pass to create a try for Hosea to complete his hat trick.
We selected a young team of mainly second or third choice players it is not the fault of our selectors that Wasps fielded a much weaker team than us, they were probably not a younger side than us, just not as good.
I agree with the comments about Chessum, we are working the big lad hard this season and he appears to be thriving on it, another very fine performance.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:13 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:06 pm What nationality is Chessum please?
Think he's English, born in Lincs IIRC. Not sure about parentage / heritage an who else he may qualify for.
Played for England at u20's, his kid brother is also at Tigers.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:57 pm Dan Lancaster did ok, difficult to judge against weak opposition but he kicked his goals well put in some tackles, a decent all round game but not yet a threat to Ford for the 10 slot.
I differ from Oakham Tiger in that I thought Kobus Van Wyke had a good game, he could have had a couple of tries if passes to him had been more accurate or if Kini had passed when he should have done. Kobus unselfishly threw a brilliant pass to create a try for Hosea to complete his hat trick.
Apologies if it came across that way.. wasn’t suggesting he had a bad game today just he missed an early chance for a try that’s all.

My comment about when not if he leaves is based on the fact I think Nadolo, Potter, Saumaki, Porter, Murimurivalu and maybe even Moroni (although he’s nailed on at 13 for me) will all be above him in the pecking order on the wing so chances will be few and far between. I’ve seen some promising signs from him but equally there have been plenty of less promising moments. It’s a tough call as he may well click for us but if it hasn’t happened yet will it happen at all? Not sure.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

not sure if all of those are ahead of him, he has had some injuries in his time here which may have given that impression though,

Also I think Hosea is a replacement for Nadolo not Kobus
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:35 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:57 pm Dan Lancaster did ok, difficult to judge against weak opposition but he kicked his goals well put in some tackles, a decent all round game but not yet a threat to Ford for the 10 slot.
Apologies if it came across that way.. wasn’t suggesting he had a bad game today just he missed an early chance for a try that’s all.

My comment about when not if he leaves is based on the fact I think Nadolo, Potter, Saumaki, Porter, Murimurivalu and maybe even Moroni (although he’s nailed on at 13 for me) will all be above him in the pecking order on the wing so chances will be few and far between. I’ve seen some promising signs from him but equally there have been plenty of less promising moments. It’s a tough call as he may well click for us but if it hasn’t happened yet will it happen at all? Not sure.
I thought he was Ok today, but below the level of others in the side, I think he is the lowest ranking of our wingers, and if we have loanees coming back, he would be the one I would not keep. Same with Brink, I dont really rate him.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Away wins always very welcome.Surprised and delighted by the result though my lack of real knowledge concerning the relative strength of the Wasps side allows me to say no more than this.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:41 am Highlights: https://www.premiershiprugby.com/watch/ ... up-round-2
I know that there was a mismatch in terms of age and experience but there were some well executed scores there.