Wasps (A) PRC - 20th November 2021 13:30 ko

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Wasps (A) PRC - 20th November 2021 13:30 ko

Post by SuperEagle »

8 of our starting 15 were 22 or younger, as were 5 of our bench.

And yet we still put 55 on Wasps

Very very impressive from the lads

These are great times to be a Tiger!
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

So many positives but was really impressed by Clare’s line out throwing. Very accurate and pacey. And as has been pointed out we overwhelmed them with a v young pack.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 am The Kelly/Scott/Moroni conundrum is a great problem to have! If I had to pick,I’d go Kelly/Scott just,but I’d probably change my mind tomorrow!
Everyone has their view but for me there’s no way I’d have Moroni missing out.. he brings so much to the side and is our best 13 imho.. Scott at 12 for me but Kelly is really pushing for the starting spot. Porter is proving a fantastic signing also
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:08 am The Kelly/Scott/Moroni conundrum is a great problem to have! If I had to pick,I’d go Kelly/Scott just,but I’d probably change my mind tomorrow!
Everyone has their view but for me there’s no way I’d have Moroni missing out.. he brings so much to the side and is our best 13 imho.. Scott at 12 for me but Kelly is really pushing for the starting spot. Porter is proving a fantastic signing also
I agree mate,Moroni is the better 13 I just like the partnership of Kelly/Scott. Porter in the mix and that’s 2 cracking sets of centres ,we are blessed at present my friend 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:18 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm
I agree mate,Moroni is the better 13 I just like the partnership of Kelly/Scott. Porter in the mix and that’s 2 cracking sets of centres ,we are blessed at present my friend 👍
And there I was before the season started saying how centre was our weakest position! Hard to tell which our weakest area is.. lock maybe? It’s definitely not front or back row, back 3 or half backs.. even at lock we have Wells, Snyman, Green, Martin, Henderson, Chessum and Liebenberg if needed!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Given all the ecstatic reaction on here I expected to watch a massacre. The first half was far from it. Yes, we were dominant and yes, the young Wasps tired at the end and yes, there were some excellent Tigers' performances but there was a fair bit of rust about and some woolly thinking. The progress, the depth of the squad and the attitude they all show is first rate. Long may this "journey" continue.

IBWT
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Just watched the replay

My thoughts

Clare looked good on his return
Kini had a very good game
Lancaster played well but needs more experience to progress
Agbongbon looked good carrying
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:34 am People imo tend to focus more on the mistakes than the good with Van Wyk.
For example people will mention the pass to porter.
But also won't mention Kini's mess up pass to Van Wyk which actually did cost us a try.

Reality is he is prob on too much for where he is on the depth chart, but I could see him doing very well with another club tbh.
Player ratings from the Mercury:

14. Kobus van Wyk - 7.5

The South African was put under early pressure after a poor pass from Kelly lead to him conceding a turnover. But after that, the 29-year-old had another solid display following his performance against Sale last weekend.

He was solid in defence, bar one moment when Ollie Dawkins beat him on the outside, and was strong under the high-ball. van Wyk then finished the game strongly with two try assists, firstly drawing the man and passing Porter into the corner. Then with the final play of the game put in a lovely looping pass across the field to put Saumaki in for his hat-trick.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Goodevibrations »

I didn't watch the game. Can someone who did tell me how Dan Lancaster got on please? What a fantastic result! It's incredible how quickly we have managed to develop a squad with such depth.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Goodevibrations wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 am I didn't watch the game. Can someone who did tell me how Dan Lancaster got on please? What a fantastic result! It's incredible how quickly we have managed to develop a squad with such depth.
I thought he was solid, certainly capable with loads of potential. Definitely not above Freddie or Bryce at 10 yet but for a 4th choice fly half he's quality.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.