Premiership Rugby Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup

Post by kpj tiger »

They really need to have a rule about how many 1st team players you can have, this is such a pointless mismatch
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

End this now, there’s no benefit to anyone here and everyone can get an early night.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Have I got News for you on soon
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bath don’t have much choice over who they could field for this but Glos not entering in to the spirit of the competition at all. Shame
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I stopped watching 5 mins ago. It is so one-sided it has no entertainment value for a neutral. It is almost like watching an unopposed session on the training ground.....just a series of runs through to the try line. Even if I was a Gloucester supporters would be feeling decidedly uncomfortable once the score reached 42-3. No benefit to anyone....Gloucester, Bath or spectators.
As Good As It Gets
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

This is what Sale are hoping for tomorrow :smt012
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:13 pmEven if I was a Gloucester supporters would be feeling decidedly uncomfortable once the score reached 42-3.
You're joking, the donkeys in the shed are still braying at Bath knock-ons, a cheer maybe but incessant braying...classless.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:14 pm This is what Sale are hoping for tomorrow :smt012
Will be really embarrassing when we win then :smt005
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Nice for bath to get something but not sure how that wasn’t a penalty at the scrum to Glos? They absolutely demolished Bath and then 2 phases later it’s a penalty to Bath for holding on
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:14 pm This is what Sale are hoping for tomorrow :smt012
Difference being I genuinely think that, whilst we're likely to lose given the teams respective strengths that our team is capable of putting in a performance that may xenf up with us having picked up some respect
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

There’s a few comedians in the Glos squad I’ve noticed...

Davidson (Jim)
Evans (Lee)
Chapman (Graham)
Morris (Chris)
Clarke (John Cooper)
Walker (Roy)
Thomas (Terry)
Cooper (Tommy)
Clement (Freud)

Did I miss anyone ?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

You have to worry what Leinster and La Rochelle are going to do to Bath in a couple weeks time don't you
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

What did Gloucester learn from that game.......erm nowt
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:38 pm You have to worry what Leinster and La Rochelle are going to do to Bath in a couple weeks time don't you
And Exeter and Saints in the Premiership before that!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Sorry, but I don’t buy into the criticism of Gloucester and Sale for their selections. It’s a senior competition and clubs get to choose how to approach it. If you’re aspiring for top 4 and success in Europe it makes sense to see it as a development opportunity, but if you think it will benefit the club why on earth wouldn’t you let your 1st team squad get in a winning groove and boost morale (on field and in the stadium)?

It’s great that Tigers are in the former category at the moment - but feels like there are some short memories here. We’re 8 matches into a good run - hardly a dynasty and a couple of years ago I doubt we’d have criticised Tigers for using this competition in the way Gloucester and Sale are.