Premiership Rugby Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Rugby Cup

Post by tigerburnie »

On reflection I no longer go with first or second choices, we rotate players and it certainly possible to have two players in a given position who are both just as good as each other, now certain strengths for certain situations may occur from time to time, but I hope to see at least 30 players who will be considered as first choice in the squad.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 pm On reflection I no longer go with first or second choices, we rotate players and it certainly possible to have two players in a given position who are both just as good as each other, now certain strengths for certain situations may occur from time to time, but I hope to see at least 30 players who will be considered as first choice in the squad.
I agree with that but if you got everyone to post their starting XV it would be almost identical bar one,2 players max.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 pm On reflection I no longer go with first or second choices, we rotate players and it certainly possible to have two players in a given position who are both just as good as each other, now certain strengths for certain situations may occur from time to time, but I hope to see at least 30 players who will be considered as first choice in the squad.
In certain positions yes you are right but I think we can all say Genge, Montoya, Cole, Liebenberg, Wiese, Youngs, Ford, Moroni, Steward are all first choice for example. I’d argue Wells, Potter and Nadolo are considered first choice too although with excellent back up options it’s not quite so clear cut. Van Staden and Reffell will battle it out for the 7 jersey but I think we all know who the first team are. I get what you’re trying to say and that’s SB doesn’t tend to classify players as first or seconds and he is rightly building a squad that can all get the job done but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with calling those players our first XV
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

3 tries for L Irish against Saracens after 30 minutes. Leading 21 nil
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

2nd half all Saracens but final LI 29 Saracens 20
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Newcastle lost to Sale 25-20 so they only get a LBP. Chance for us to head back into the Premiership top of our group in the PRC
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Quins beat Saints 26-25 in a bit of a strange game.. Quins scored all their points in the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes.. seems they didn't bother turning up for the other 50 minutes!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I see that former Gloucester prop Nick Wood had his first senior refereeing appointment yesterday in the Sale v Newcastle match. Wonder how well the fans thought he reffed the scrum.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... is-6255312

Good article that’s worth a read :smt023