Which team would you support

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Which team would you support

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I'm sure that there are many clubs out there that would have Tigers bottom of their list so plenty of mutual feelings but aside from Newcastle and Gloucester I don't think I could bring myself to support any of the other sides.. Definitely not Sarries or Bristol
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

I’m going with my heart and putting them in order of how much I enjoy their style of play. So after Tigers, it’s:
1 Quins
2 Bristol
3 Saints
4 Irish
5 Wasps
6 Bath
7 Sarries
8 Exeter
9 Newcastle
10 Gloucester
11 Worcester
12 Sale
Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Goodevibrations »

I about to say something which I'm sure encapsulates exactly why people would hate Tigers but when I was at the game on Friday night I had a look around the ground and thought 'how the hell did this club nearly get relegated? It's an absolute crime given the stadium, fanbase and history'.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

1 Bristol
2 Newcastle
3 Quins
4 Saints
5 Wasps
6 Bath
7 Gloucester
8 Sale
9 Worcester
10 Exeter

Sarries (obvious reason) and Irish (the odious number 10) don’t feature in any list of favourite clubs of mine even if they are at the bottom.
Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

RichieB wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:56 pm 1 Bristol
2 Newcastle
3 Quins
4 Saints
5 Wasps
6 Bath
7 Gloucester
8 Sale
9 Worcester
10 Exeter

Sarries (obvious reason) and Irish (the odious number 10) don’t feature in any list of favourite clubs of mine even if they are at the bottom.
I don't know what connection you might have to Bristol, but I find it very difficult to have any positive feelings towards them after the way that they behaved at Welford Road at the end of last season. I was actually very proud of how Wigglesworth stood up for himself and the way that Steve Borthwick indirectly called them out for their antics.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

For me, in line with the original point of not living near Leicester and not even in the UK, the closest club I would support would be Clermont, and I really do like that club. It is still too much of a trek though for a ST.

In the Premiership, I could support:

1. Quinns
2. Falcons
3. Worcester

I could not support:

1. Saints, obviously :) I could not live with the banter. Furthermore, if I lived close enough to Northampton, I would still drive to Leicester!
2. Bath -> too much rivalry over the years to shout out "barf"
3. Sale -> Sanderson
4. Bristol - > Pat Lam
5. Gloucester -> I cannot stand the unsportsmanlike fans
6. Wasps -> not a proper rugby club
7. Saracens -> obviously, also not a proper rugby club.
8. Exeter -> the annoying chanting and drumming
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

I don't care much for most other teams in the league tbh. Sarries I detest. But the rest I'm pretty meh towards. I do feel like Bath would be near the top of the list. I like the place. The stadium has a great location and feel etc. Hey ho. Tigers always number one though.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

All non Tigers games I watch, I want both teams to lose, unless it is Sarries then I support their opposition.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I could never support anyone else, even if Tigers folded. I do have begrudging respect for Exeter and what they've done, although they're finding out that it's not that easy to sustain success. Quins style of rugby over the last year has been so good to watch, but I'm not the biggest fan of their club. Everyone else...meh !
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Leicester born and Leicester bred, i support any Leicester team. Tigers, City, County, Riders and so on. I now live 75 miles away but I still have an season ticket and travel up to most matches. Well worth the trip - especially this year!!

Agree with so much others have said. Can’t stand Glos - football type behaviour from some of their fans - Sarries (obviously), Wasps (feel sorry for those in High Wycombe who took to them and who now have to travel) and so on.

If I had to have a second team it would not be in this country. Biarritz (I have friends down there, love the wine and the Basque food and culture), and Krasnoyarsk. Bit odd, I know, but I went there 8 years ago and met one of their props. Great bloke.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Been to NZ a few times and went to crusaders game. They would be my second team with Toulouse third.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Outside of England The Hurricanes and Toulouse,just love the way they play the game
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Not Glos, Sarries, Bristol, Saints or Wasps. The rest are ok
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

It would have to be Nottingham or nearest Championship or Nat One …if not then I’m afraid it might have to be Saints 🙈
Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

CJ wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:54 am Leicester born and Leicester bred, i support any Leicester team. Tigers, City, County, Riders and so on. I now live 75 miles away but I still have an season ticket and travel up to most matches. Well worth the trip - especially this year!!

Agree with so much others have said. Can’t stand Glos - football type behaviour from some of their fans - Sarries (obviously), Wasps (feel sorry for those in High Wycombe who took to them and who now have to travel) and so on.

If I had to have a second team it would not be in this country. Biarritz (I have friends down there, love the wine and the Basque food and culture), and Krasnoyarsk. Bit odd, I know, but I went there 8 years ago and met one of their props. Great bloke.
This is exactly my attitude. I live in Nottingham now and I'm looking to get into Ice Hockey but I just can't bring myself to follow the Panthers because I can't support a team that represents Nottingham.