Which team would you support

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Which team would you support

Post by Old Hob »

I'm Nottingham born and support Nottingham (although it's a while since I visited) . I support Tigers because they were my first introduction to really top class rugby and because my PE teacher, a certain Herbert Victor White, said it would be a good idea.

The Nottingham v Leicester rivalry thing completely passed me by. It just wasn't a thing in my family or anyone I knew.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Teams I would never support:
Saracens
Sale
Bristol
A2O
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I would never support Saracens and used to have Bristol as my second team for a number of reasons. Last time I visited, however, I sat in front of a bloke who kept shouting "Break his arm" or "Break his leg", something I have never heard anywhere else. When I turned round and glared he did look a little taken aback but he was soon at it again. Those around him seemed to think it was ok. Oh, and when I pointed out (calmly) that the decision taken by the ref was what the law specified the woman next to me screamed, "I don't care about the rules". Funny lot down there.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TheChild
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheChild »

Nottingham are my other team. I haven’t been in ages though as their games are on Friday nights and as I don’t drive they’re a mare to get back from. Ironically enough it was Tom Youngs that got me supporting Nottingham when he was on loan there.
I have to confess I do watch Wasps but only when Tom West is fit (which he’s not at the moment so not interested :D) I used to sponsor him when he was on loan at Nottingham and I keep an eye on how he’s doing. (My interest is purely professional- honest!)
I used to work the Falcons games at Kingston Park when I was in St John’s Ambulance and I grew up not far from the ground.
arickett

Post by arickett »

1. Tigers
2. Exeter
3. L. Irish

ok
4. Glaws
5. Quins
6. Worcester

Not bothered
7. Falcons
8. Sale
9 Saints

Please lose
10.Bristol
11. Bath

Please go under
11.Saracens
12.Wasps
triestetiger

Re: Which team would you suppo

Post by triestetiger »

Tigers-Love
Exeter-Have a soft spot for and would probably cheer for if I was down in barbarian country
L. Irish-Previously liked until they signed Paddy Jackson, now they can go whistle
Glaws-Proper club
Quins-Couldn’t stand them in my formative years watching the Tigers (too many “rah” posh-but-dim-types. Plus Brian Moore and poncy kit.) Now I don’t mind them and sort of miss the proper old kit.
Worcester-Not bothered.
Falcons-Quite like, would cheer for them no problem
Sale-No thanks. Suspect they are sailing close to the salary cap wind.
Saints-Respect as a proper club but I’d feel dirty supporting them, and not in a good way.
Bristol-My sort of second team for a bit, but even the fact that they used to have letters in their shirts can’t make up for cheating Pat Lam and the rest
Bath-Grew up hating them (too many games of seeing the likes of Chilcott, Dawe, Spurrell, John Hall, Scrum-half Richard Hill and Stuart tossing Barnes kick seven shades out of us) but proper club. Couldn’t ever support them though, some wounds run too deep. Would I want to see them relegated??? Not sure, they’re too much like us.
Wasps-Would rather poo in my hands and clap than support them
Saracens-Loathe them with a fire that burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

Reckon I’d support Loughborough Students if push came to shove