LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KevinR

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Post by KevinR »

In answer to ABClub's earlier question, my son tells me that Sam Eveleigh is studying at Newcastle Uni. He's certainly been involved in the rugby club there, but doesn't seem to figure in any of the recent team sheets as far as I can see.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

KevinR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:21 pm In answer to ABClub's earlier question, my son tells me that Sam Eveleigh is studying at Newcastle Uni. He's certainly been involved in the rugby club there, but doesn't seem to figure in any of the recent team sheets as far as I can see.
Thanks Kevin. Good to know!

With Quins doing see well from BUCS recruitment (Dombrandt, Kenningham and Northmore I believe) I hope that more sides will look to it as a development pathway.

Tigers academy grad Jordan Tebbatt got picked up by Sale after a scout came to see him with the Manchester Met side as well. I do wonder if Tebbatt will prove to be one who got away.

Ilione looks a cracker though of course.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

KevinR wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:21 pm In answer to ABClub's earlier question, my son tells me that Sam Eveleigh is studying at Newcastle Uni. He's certainly been involved in the rugby club there, but doesn't seem to figure in any of the recent team sheets as far as I can see.
I think he took a injury earlier in the season.
Also interesting that former Tigers U18 Lock/Number 8 Bob Singer is at Newcastle Uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Anybody know what happened to the Dutch 8 we had in the academy a few seasons back?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:57 pm Anybody know what happened to the Dutch 8 we had in the academy a few seasons back?
Dave Koelman
think he's back playing in Netherland now after spells in NZ and France .
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:28 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:57 pm Anybody know what happened to the Dutch 8 we had in the academy a few seasons back?
Dave Koelman
Koelman was with Brive. He got a bit of game time in their U23s. He made his senior Netherlands debut over the summer.

With the talk of young fly-halves like Fin Smith on the last transfers page it's probably worth mentioning that Harry Glynn seems to be progressing well at La Rochelle.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Whilst we're playing the where are they now game...

Does anyone know if Rob Hardwick is playing anywhere? He was with the Wasps senior academy last season but isn't listed with them anymore.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

ABClub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:28 pm
Dave Koelman
Koelman was with Brive. He got a bit of game time in their U23s. He made his senior Netherlands debut over the summer.

With the talk of young fly-halves like Fin Smith on the last transfers page it's probably worth mentioning that Harry Glynn seems to be progressing well at La Rochelle.
Koelman still looks like a good player. I hope the club is keeping an eye on all these former players that got away in the slump.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

ABClub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 pm Whilst we're playing the where are they now game...

Does anyone know if Rob Hardwick is playing anywhere? He was with the Wasps senior academy last season but isn't listed with them anymore.
Last I heard, he’s playing in the French 3rd tier.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ABClub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:50 pm Whilst we're playing the where are they now game...

Isn’t he playing for Albi in the French Nationale league (one below ProD2)?
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:53 am

I thought Tom Hardwick was over in France. Rob Hardwick his younger brother our former prop I think got moved on from Wasps and is at Chinnor.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 am

I thought Tom Hardwick was over in France. Rob Hardwick his younger brother our former prop I think got moved on from Wasps and is at Chinnor.
Ooh! Didn’t know there were two! Edit: Yes, it’s Tom in Albi.
Semper in excretia
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 am

Yep, he is at Chinnor thanks Sam. I'd heard that Keston Lines was there but hadn't seen any team sheets. There's a few former Tigers there! Hardwick, Lines, Fred Tuilagi and Sam Yawayawa in their last 23.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can we read into George Kruis nutrition company FourFive teaming up with our club?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:05 pm Can we read into George Kruis nutrition company FourFive teaming up with our club?
Not really.
They also team up with Saracens.
Most likely trying to get into all the clubs