Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:46 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:45 pm Potentially just cover till end of season, slight worry is that Reffell might go into wales and Robinson might be going the other who knows.

Right now we need back rowers, though so the logical take is we are just looking for a short term fix.
Frees up Marco to play more 8, especially if Chessum does get kept by England we will really be tight on back row. something like 6 prem games in this 6N's slot.
6. Liebenberg, Martin
7. Reffell, Robinson
8. Wiese, MVS
Would do.
Any whispers on how far away MVS and HL are? Do you expect one back this week?
Nope
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Don't know much about him tbh.

Is he more a 6 or 7, I can't say I know much about him?

Is he a lineout option (something Borthwick values in at least one of the back row)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Wonder about Martin being injured. With this and Chessum going to England over him I think he may have got quite a bad knock.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

he's pretty much a 7 and not really a lineout jumper

He's a slightly bigger Reffell style.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Robinson signing suggests someone might be broken longer term.

He is bigger than his Dad & I have only really seen him at 7 for Cardiff.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigers86asw wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm Wonder about Martin being injured. With this and Chessum going to England over him I think he may have got quite a bad knock.
He was in the training video prepping for the Wasps game, Borthwick said we were in a better position selection wise then we didn't pick him and just had him replaced with Chessum, which to me smacks of late injury...
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:12 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm Wonder about Martin being injured. With this and Chessum going to England over him I think he may have got quite a bad knock.
He was in the training video prepping for the Wasps game, Borthwick said we were in a better position selection wise then we didn't pick him and just had him replaced with Chessum, which to me smacks of late injury...
It could simply be a rest. Martin played a full game at 8 for the first time in a senior match. He looked sore and battered by the end.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

LekkerTigers wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:24 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:12 pm
It could simply be a rest. Martin played a full game at 8 for the first time in a senior match. He looked sore and battered by the end.
He seemed OK at the end of the Bristol game. Agree with you that maybe being given a decent rest or training ground injury.
As Good As It Gets
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Didn’t he play 8 in the Newcastle game
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:04 pm Didn’t he play 8 in the Newcastle game
Yes, got replaced by Kini and was absent for the Wasps game despite having Kini covering the back row again.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:34 pm Meanwhile Tigers centre Matt Scott says he doesn’t want to be anywhere else. His deal at Welford Road ends in the summer. “The coaching here is first class, I think the strength and conditioning is world class, I think the environment’s first class as well. I love coming in.”
Well, I am really love reading that. Let nothing change for as long as possible!
Tigerjoe1

Post by Tigerjoe1 »

Seen hanro in the training pics on twitter today which is a good sign. With us already qualified for top 4 in the champions Cup, I reckon we'll have a few of the big lads back for prem week after
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ourla wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:17 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:34 pm Meanwhile Tigers centre Matt Scott says he doesn’t want to be anywhere else. His deal at Welford Road ends in the summer. “The coaching here is first class, I think the strength and conditioning is world class, I think the environment’s first class as well. I love coming in.”
Well, I am really love reading that. Let nothing change for as long as possible!
If you love going to work you don’t have to work a day in your life. Or something like that,John Lennon perhaps?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Olly Robinson seems a bit of a strange signing, plays for Cardiff and cannot get regular starts? What impression does that give out, considering Cardiff's poor form? :smt017
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

LE18 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:23 pm Olly Robinson seems a bit of a strange signing, plays for Cardiff and cannot get regular starts? What impression does that give out, considering Cardiff's poor form? :smt017
Borthwick has identified that we need cover during the 6N period and must have been given a heads up that Chessum was in the frame as well as the existing injuries. He can't play in Europe as he's not registered, unless they did register Brink in which case his slot is free (unless you can't register new players until the end of round one?) and he's seen something in Robinson which ticks one if not more boxes. At worst he provides cover and a bench option if required and has experience, which the rest of our back row options don't have. Time will tell, but I am sure he will work out fine in the short term.