LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Lord of the Mauls

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:29 am I wouldn't be surprised if the club knew Ford was thinking of leaving at the start of season
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford had been talking to Sale since his dad left.

I personally think that Sale wasn't expecting AJ to leave and maybe had him down as back up for Ford, but Bristol came in with a bigger offer announced him and Sale panicked and went very publically about it since AJ was their fan favourite.

Tigers Unfortutely are caught in the fire due to other clubs being desperate to announce good news
Bristol have a awful start to the season
Sale underperforming and rumoured SA exodus

I guess from the Sale POV they will be doubling their attendance with the Ford family coming now.
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 doubling their attendance….that’s was very good!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ads wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am
RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:29 am
I guess from the Sale POV they will be doubling their attendance with the Ford family coming now.
:smt003
🤣🤣🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I know WR isn't in the leafy suburbs, but at least it isn't next to a Water Treatment Works & Madchesters orbital car park.

This isn't exactly surprising to me, I bet there is a Young FH in West Wales wishing he had stopped with us a bit longer..

As long as we don't sign Jackson I really don't mind who we sign...if we do...one season till the next RWC, so there might be some Kiwis who fancy a challenge.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The main reason I believe that it was fairly well settled that GF was Sale bound is that it would explain why Mcginty left Sale for Bristol. I am sorry to see him go but look forward to the club announcing his replacement. I do believe also that we have a reasonable stock of "backup" fly-halves but fully expect a big name replacement as a marquee signing
Hehehehehehehehe
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

ads wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am
RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:29 am
:smt003
Love it :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:47 am I know WR isn't in the leafy suburbs, but at least it isn't next to a Water Treatment Works & Madchesters orbital car park.

This isn't exactly surprising to me, I bet there is a Young FH in West Wales wishing he had stopped with us a bit longer..

As long as we don't sign Jackson I really don't mind who we sign...if we do...one season till the next RWC, so there might be some Kiwis who fancy a challenge.
There's already some Kiwis who are looking to move. NZ has a pretty good production line and they don't really want to look beyond Mo'unga and Barrett with DMac as cover. Brett Cameron a 25yo 1 cap AB couldn't get a contract so has gone to Japan for a year and Otere Black was in a similar boat and has also gone to Japan for a year. This is the same Otere Black that was playing so well at the Blues for a time they had to put Barrett to 15 to accommodate him and Carter wasn't making the squad. The depth at 10 in NZ is pretty ridiculous.

There is somewhat of a chequered record for Kiwi flyhalves over here though. For every Nick Evans there's a Stephen Donald or Lima Sapoaga. I'd back our recruitment team to get the job done and get the right person in.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Our badge gives the year of 1880 , it will continue to do so long after George Fords departure. Decided shame but life goes on as will The Club.Blood though is always thicker than water.we have observed this before.
Would make no suggestions as to who to bring in as doubtless the management team have their own ideas and notions.
In my opinion though . currently in the Premiership there are only two fly halves approaching Ford's class when it comes to game management and all round ability coupled with the 'necessary' character - Owen Farrell (Sarries) and Dan Biggar (Northampton).
Suggesting neither , but a 'like for like' will be hard to find however no issue is insurmountable.
We have a strong leader at the helm.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
LtPigeon
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LtPigeon »

Accordingly Adam Witty (BBC RL), Tigers have made a counter offer to George Ford this week in an attempt to retain his services. This offer is believed to be higher than that offered by Sale.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

It maybe a coincidance but tomorrow is Mike Fords birthday
Also Tigers are told GF will be leaving, exactly 5 months to the day since Mike F, left Tigers
Last edited by Qbec on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Disappointing. I would have liked GF to have stayed for one more season to cement in the the Tigers revival. Business is business and if the move to Sale makes GF a happy man so be it. Time for Freddie Burns to step up again and deliver. I am sure SB has a cunning plan in his pocket to bring in a 10 that can deliver to his plans. GF will always be my number one home grown 10.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Confirmed

Borthwick classier than I could ever be
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

LtPigeon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:29 pm Accordingly Adam Witty (BBC RL), Tigers have made a counter offer to George Ford this week in an attempt to retain his services. This offer is believed to be higher than that offered by Sale.
Oh the Drama…but the pop on my phone appears to say he is off…
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Will be Steve's hardest job in terms of player replacement so far, not many around that would be like for like
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:36 pm Confirmed

Borthwick classier than I could ever be
Precisely that, expect very little warning of who we sign till we officially announce it
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Loving the “ fully committed to finishing his time at Leicester Tigers in front of big crowds at Mattioli woods Welford Road”..nice poignant reminder of the team with the largest fan base… Borthwick clearly knew it was coming so I bet we are are all sorted for a fly half…let the dust settle on this and make our own announcement..