Red Roses

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Red Roses

Post by loretta »

Congratulations to the Red Roses for their demolition of NZ. Some cracking tries too
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Red Roses

Post by Darc Tiger »

NZ have fallen behind England and France during the pandemic. They'll get better with gametime, but they've got a lot of catching up to do before the world cup.

Really showed how the bar has been raised in the women's game. In truth, England were pretty wasteful in attack, and could have been further ahead.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

loretta wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:45 pm Congratulations to the Red Roses for their demolition of NZ. Some cracking tries too
& an avoidance of a potential red card in the bit I saw.... good sized crowd as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Fine win and good performance against the World Champions.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

I have to agree on the quality of the performance by the Roses, particularly up front where the whole pack performed tremendously well taking the New Zealand line out and scrum apart.

Unfortunately the quality of the officials was poor once more. It seems that the only quality officials in womens rugby are English, and of course they cannot officiate in Red Roses games. Until this situation improves the game will suffer. I noticed a French official running touch yesterday and she has done well with the whistle in the past. Hopefully she will referee next weeks game which may improve the situation.

It is a bit of a catch 22 really. The officials will not improve unless they cover top quality games, and those games are currently suffering from poor officiating. I don't know the answer in the short term, but it would be a tragedy if the world cup which is 12 months away was spoiled by poor levels of officiating.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yorkshire man wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:11 am I have to agree on the quality of the performance by the Roses, particularly up front where the whole pack performed tremendously well taking the New Zealand line out and scrum apart.

Unfortunately the quality of the officials was poor once more. It seems that the only quality officials in womens rugby are English, and of course they cannot officiate in Red Roses games. Until this situation improves the game will suffer. I noticed a French official running touch yesterday and she has done well with the whistle in the past. Hopefully she will referee next weeks game which may improve the situation.

It is a bit of a catch 22 really. The officials will not improve unless they cover top quality games, and those games are currently suffering from poor officiating. I don't know the answer in the short term, but it would be a tragedy if the world cup which is 12 months away was spoiled by poor levels of officiating.
Silly question but can't male refs ref womens games?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I have to agree, the officials were not up to the level of the teams, some of the rucks and broken play was a complete mess.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:53 am
Yorkshire man wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:11 am I have to agree on the quality of the performance by the Roses, particularly up front where the whole pack performed tremendously well taking the New Zealand line out and scrum apart.

Silly question but can't male refs ref womens games?
I suspect they could, but they have to be seen to be making an effort to promote female officials, and they aren't going to get better by being replaced by males. Many of them will already be booked for the week anyway.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Sun Nov 7:

England 56-15 New Zealand

Another great result - that's back to back record victories against New Zealand,Wonderful for the Women's game here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59198703
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Congratulations to Simon Middleton , Coach of England Women....Just been named the 'World Rugby Coach Of The Year' :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... oach-year/
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

And will be playing 6N games at Welford road next April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59578508
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

Lets hope for a great turnout of the Welford Road faithful to support them in their run in to the world cup.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I shall certainly go. Want to support women’s rugby and to see such a great team.
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Shame also that after consecutive Grand Slams, 18 matches unbeaten including 2 v NZ that BBC SPOTY doesn't have them in Team of The Year.
Maybe winning a World Cup will attract attention.
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

Got my tickets this morning. Hope there's a good crowd.