Best VPN for streaming ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by fortysix » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi all which VPN is the best for streaming via Stan Sports please ?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 10776
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by RagingBull » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:17 pm

Express gets good write ups as does Nord.

Not that I recommend doing it wink wink

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:29 pm

fortysix wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:10 pm
Hi all which VPN is the best for streaming via Stan Sports please ?
Nord is the best I’ve used
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2308
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Surf shark is a good one too, though both that RB suggested are decent.

Hotspot Shield is pretty much the best one if you want it free, but even that struggles on streaming.

I'd suggest though if you wanted to stream go for one of Nord, Express or Surfshark and see if they offer a free trial to at least start with.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3275
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm

https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/viewtop ... 98af7cbe1b

There’s a link on the Sale fans forum to a Russian site that apparently streams the game without a vpn or sign up it would appear.

Please note I have never used this site so know nothing about it and whether it works or not. Just passing on the info..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3410
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by kpj tiger » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:14 pm

I use the premium version of Hotspot shield for viewing "things" and it works fine

JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1908
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by JackFlashJonny » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Sad indictment of the world we live in whereby I have to buy a vpn and subscription to an Australian tv service to watch a game played in my home country. Intrigued to see how it is the service seems very good! How have they got it so wrong in the UK?

Also who their right mind chooses Exeter v Irish over Leicester v Sale or even Harlequins v Bath…

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1259
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by ABClub » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:46 pm

I use Surfshark. I got a two year subscription for something like £40. I used to travel a lot for work so was worth paying for it but I accept it wont be for others just watching the rugby!

chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:21 pm
Location: Pork Pie Town

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by chappie » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:59 pm

I use Keepsolid VPN Unlimited, life time subscription for $39 and can be used on five devices.
Still on the halfway line, Crumbie for ever!

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2921
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by Old Hob » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:18 pm

OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm
https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/viewtop ... 98af7cbe1b

There’s a link on the Sale fans forum to a Russian site that apparently streams the game without a vpn or sign up it would appear.

Please note I have never used this site so know nothing about it and whether it works or not. Just passing on the info..
I used it and the quality was good. However, it was free and Russian so now I'm worried about the payback. Waiting to see if I've been hacked.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9114
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by Scott1 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:18 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:59 pm
https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/viewtop ... 98af7cbe1b

There’s a link on the Sale fans forum to a Russian site that apparently streams the game without a vpn or sign up it would appear.

Please note I have never used this site so know nothing about it and whether it works or not. Just passing on the info..
I used it and the quality was good. However, it was free and Russian so now I'm worried about the payback. Waiting to see if I've been hacked.
I could only find the Newcastle v Gloc game

northerntiger
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:03 am

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by northerntiger » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:36 pm

JackFlashJonny wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Sad indictment of the world we live in whereby I have to buy a vpn and subscription to an Australian tv service to watch a game played in my home country. Intrigued to see how it is the service seems very good! How have they got it so wrong in the UK?

Also who their right mind chooses Exeter v Irish over Leicester v Sale or even Harlequins v Bath…
I believe that is was the clubs who didn’t want all the games on live, to keep the numbers up in the stadiums. Same in football.
I would have agreed with you re the Exeter game, how wrong I was!

tjs10inOz
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by tjs10inOz » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:03 am

JackFlashJonny wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm
Sad indictment of the world we live in whereby I have to buy a vpn and subscription to an Australian tv service to watch a game played in my home country. Intrigued to see how it is the service seems very good! How have they got it so wrong in the UK?

Also who their right mind chooses Exeter v Irish over Leicester v Sale or even Harlequins v Bath…
I find the Stan feed of Prem games good (though I am watching it from Australia!) though it does get annoying at times when the commentary audio gets muted sometimes as clearly they haven't purchased the rights to the full feed, plus halftime is a bit weird.
Tonight they had crowd announcement (covid-safe big boot!) but just crowd vision, and then cut to dozens of snippets of the same random incident back-to-back as if someone was reviewing every possible camera angle of them for a post-game highlights reel.

Still, for $20/month I'm not going to grumble, especially as their back catalogue of included matches is also very impressive.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!

rich1576
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: Uttoxeter
Contact:

Re: Best VPN for streaming ?

Post by rich1576 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:36 pm

A bit more expensive than most, but for me Express is brilliant and well worth the money

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RagingBull and 2 guests