Tom Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tom Youngs

Post by markharbtiger »

"Leicester Tigers can confirm Tom Youngs has taken indefinite leave from the club.
The Tigers hooker was granted leave ahead of the opening round of the Gallagher Premiership season and is yet to appear in the 21/22 league campaign.
Youngs has returned to his family home in Norfolk to care for his wife Tiffany, who is battling an illness.
Tigers are offering support in all forms to Tom and the Youngs family during this period.
The period of leave will remain indefinite for Tom, as long as the Tigers forward feels necessary to remain in Norfolk.
At this time, the Youngs family have requested privacy and there will be no further comment from Tom, the Youngs family or Leicester Tigers on this matter."

Very sorry to hear about the situation for Tom Youngs - I feared the situation which kept him from the Lions tour several years ago might have resurfaced, but we don't know the details. All the best to him and his wife.
Last edited by markharbtiger on Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tom Youngs

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

All the best to Tom, Tiffany and the whole family!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Thats rubbish for them. They'll always have full support from the whole Tigers family though.

All the best to the whole Youngs family and his wifes family.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Absolutely.

All the best and thoughts are with Tom and his family. Just goes to show when SB is tight lipped about player absences from the squad there may be a very good reason. I know it’s nice to be kept up to date and people often jump up and down asking for answers and updates but absolutely the right call to give Tom and his wife privacy during this challenging period.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Oh no,sending prayers 🙏
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Thoughts are with all the Youngs family at this difficult time. Things like this put things into perspective and rugby is way less significant. I am sure that he will be given all the support required from the Club and his close friends.
Stay strong Tom and hope to see you back at Welford Road when the time is right.........family always first!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

such sad news - very best wishes to Tom and his family
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

All the very best wishes of a happy & successful concusion to this episode.
If at all possible, I would hope that someone within the extended family will pass on these wishes from I am sure every single Tigers supporter and their families to Tom & Tiffany Youngs & the children.
Take care all of you & get well again soon.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Really feel for Tom, Tiffany and the whole family.
We all hope that once again Tiffany, with Tom’s brilliant support, can overcome the health issues that have resurfaced.
If need I’m sure we fans could organise a collection at on of the home games.
All our thoughts are with the whole family and no doubt Ben too will need time off from England and Tigers.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes incredibly sad/worrying news. Keeping everything firmly crossed.

Best wishes to the whole family.
Soggypitch
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Feel so sorry for all they're going through, best wishes to all the family, especially Tiffany.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Many of us feared that this was the reason for Tom's absence and some speculation was being voiced, the club have rightly put an end to that. It goes without saying that all Tiger's fans wish for the best possible outcome for Tom, Tiffany and their family.
Laighan

Post by Laighan »

Just wanted to say, and I'm sure my fellow Leinster and Irish fans feel the same, that Tom, Tiffany, and their family are in my thoughts and we'll all be saying a wee prayer for them. Dave.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Tough times for Tom and his family. The thoughts of all those who watch him play will be with them all.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Such awful news. They are an absolutely lovely family. It's just heartbreaking to hear they are going through this once again.

My thoughts are with the family and I join everyone in hoping for the best possible outcome.