Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Sale (H) 23rd October 2021 - 3pm

Post by Tigerbeat »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:49 pm
fentiger wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:33 pm
Thanks,difficult to tell seeing it once but not problem then. Well done ref and TMO 👍
Careful…. That’s Messrs Dickson & Kitt you are referencing there :smt044
It’s alright they missed the cheap shot by Manu on Nadolo in the 12th minute and decided there was nothing in the high shot on Martin late on so we don’t have to praise them too much! :smt012
The camera angles make it look worse….Martin was caught on the shoulder, not direct contact to the head. Both were reviewed in the background….no formal review necessary.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:33 pm
chris111 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:04 pm

My seat gave me a nigh on perfect view of that tackle and I thought it was fine. Just. A split second earlier or later, or a fraction higher, would probably have brought a red, but he got it just right as far as I could tell. I also thought officials did check it - ref seemed to be talking to TMO afterwards.
Thanks,difficult to tell seeing it once but not problem then. Well done ref and TMO 👍
Just keeping my powder dry 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:10 pm

It’s alright they missed the cheap shot by Manu on Nadolo in the 12th minute and decided there was nothing in the high shot on Martin late on so we don’t have to praise them too much! :smt012
The camera angles make it look worse….Martin was caught on the shoulder, not direct contact to the head. Both were reviewed in the background….no formal review necessary.
Whilst that may be true, there was accidental head on head and early in the (still young) season, there was a huge deal being made about bending at the hip, and not approaching a tackle upright. That seems that’s been done away with now. Genge is still sporting a black eye from a similar incident.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Initial contact is shoulder on shoulder but there's clear head on head contact as a secondary impact and no attempt to make a legal tackle (no bend, no wrap). The Sale centre even went off for a HIA immediately after to further highlight the head contact.

I'm not sure it's a red but it should have been at least a penalty. The Manu one in the first half was more dangerous but didn't appear to be queried, the game wasn't stopped for a review. The TMO was very quiet during the game which I didn't mind but I'm not sure either decision was inkeeping with what World Rugby are trying to do to make the game safer.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Initial contact is shoulder on shoulder but there's clear head on head contact as a secondary impact and no attempt to make a legal tackle (no bend, no wrap). The Sale centre even went off for a HIA immediately after to further highlight the head contact.

I'm not sure it's a red but it should have been at least a penalty. The Manu one in the first half was more dangerous but didn't appear to be queried, the game wasn't stopped for a review. The TMO was very quiet during the game which I didn't mind but I'm not sure either decision was inkeeping with what World Rugby are trying to do to make the game safer.
Kitty was reviewing quite a few incidents but did not deem them necessary of a formal review. Dickson was using the TMO and keeping the stopagges to a minimum and the game going.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

To keep the game going he needed to limit the length of the caterpillar. I thought some of the backs were going to run in an join like they do in try line mauls at one point :smt043
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

It was a definite head on head clash whilst George was in an upright position.. what hit first is irrelevant.. it is what has recently been deemed a dangerous tackle and the tacklers responsibility. It was at least a yellow and I’ve seen reds given, so the fact it wasn’t even a penalty is ridiculous and I agree it’s the TMO responsibility … I’ll give Dickson a bye on that one!!!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Offside wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:22 pm To keep the game going he needed to limit the length of the caterpillar. I thought some of the backs were going to run in an join like they do in try line mauls at one point :smt043
Hokey cokey? :smt003
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

fentiger wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:05 am
Offside wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:22 pm To keep the game going he needed to limit the length of the caterpillar. I thought some of the backs were going to run in an join like they do in try line mauls at one point :smt043
Conga
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:18 am
fentiger wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:05 am
Conga
Indeed, my bad! 🙄
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I think as a former scrum half he was sympathetic to Warr and the amount of pressure we were putting on him when he kicked. Gave the young Sale man a few extra seconds to kick.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hanro's try up for try of the week.

Voting link here:

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/watch/ ... f-the-week
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Two points regarding Manu.
First his "tackle" on Nadolo should have been a penalty, Nadolo was down by the tackle and not held so was entitled to regain his feet, you cannot tackle a player who is off his feet apart from a ruck situation, a couple of other tackles were very risky, he is treading a fine line regarding tackle technique.
The second point was that he seemed to be acting as peacemaker whenever there was pushing and shoving, he appeared to have a bond with Ellis Genge, he showed no interest in the Sale game plan of wind up and niggle, and he actually went back up again in my estimation.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm Two points regarding Manu.
First his "tackle" on Nadolo should have been a penalty, Nadolo was down by the tackle and not held so was entitled to regain his feet, you cannot tackle a player who is off his feet apart from a ruck situation, a couple of other tackles were very risky, he is treading a fine line regarding tackle technique.
The second point was that he seemed to be acting as peacemaker whenever there was pushing and shoving, he appeared to have a bond with Ellis Genge, he showed no interest in the Sale game plan of wind up and niggle, and he actually went back up again in my estimation.
Yep agreed about the tackle on Nadolo
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm Two points regarding Manu.
For me its the opposite, the so called bond with Gengey was to pat him on the shoulder and stroke his head at every opportunity and I could see quite clearly from where I was sitting that Gengey was not at all impressed with his unwanted touching. It was Manu sanctimonius good cop wind up to the bad cop of Curry, all designed to wind up Gengey. We all see things differently but thats how I saw it.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity