Sale (H) 23rd October 2021 - 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale (H) 23rd October 2021 - 3pm

Post by Noggs »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:55 pm I like your thinking Steve, but IBWT.

I'd love to be there but am really concerned about the huge rise in infections
I'd like to see the club enforce the wearing of face masks, at least in circulation areas. Just because the government always act too late doesn't mean we all have to follow like sheep. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Noggs wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:08 am

I'd like to see the club enforce the wearing of face masks, at least in circulation areas. Just because the government always act too late doesn't mean we all have to follow like sheep. :smt009
So would I, but the reality is that I believe that as the club lets not forget is a business, will not unless forced to by law take any measures that may potentially reduce their income as some folks are adamant about not wearing masks.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

sapajo wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:37 am

So would I, but the reality is that I believe that as the club lets not forget is a business, will not unless forced to by law take any measures that may potentially reduce their income as some folks are adamant about not wearing masks.
I don’t think anyone likes wearing a mask but judging on this forum there are not many who would refuse, at least in the short term. Perhaps a middle ground would be to designate parts of the stadium as mask free seating for those who are anti.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Looking at latest trainging footage
might be looking at
Genge, Montoya, Cole
Green, Wells
Liebenberg, Van Staden, Wiese
Youngs, Ford
Kelly, Scott
Potter, Nadolo, Steward

Also interesting Martin packing down at second row at the end with Chessum
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I have my third jab tomorrow (not a booster) but despite that won't risk going to a game with the current level of face mask use or rather absence of it.
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

chewbacca wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:53 pm I have my third jab tomorrow (not a booster) but despite that won't risk going to a game with the current level of face mask use or rather absence of it.
Mrs G has almost no immune system (thanks to cancer treatment, but what was the alternative....) so can't risk attendance currently although she works at a school........ :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 pm
chewbacca wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:53 pm I have my third jab tomorrow (not a booster) but despite that won't risk going to a game with the current level of face mask use or rather absence of it.
Mrs G has almost no immune system (thanks to cancer treatment, but what was the alternative....) so can't risk attendance currently although she works at a school........ :smt009
Sorry to hear that JG. We have had very limited contact with our teenage grandchildren during the pandemic, a little more with the pre-school ones. Best wishes to both of you. Sods law that we start winning when I reluctantly decline to attend. Still I have the disappointments of the past several seasons to look back on. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:52 pm Looking at latest trainging footage
might be looking at
Genge, Montoya, Cole
Green, Wells
Liebenberg, Van Staden, Wiese
Youngs, Ford
Kelly, Scott
Potter, Nadolo, Steward

Also interesting Martin packing down at second row at the end with Chessum
Thanks for the info RB.. keen to see more of Martin in that position so that’s good to hear
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

sapajo wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:37 am

Looking at the posts on here the club is clearly loosing a lot of business due to the lack of mask wearing in the stadium. When I attended the last home game I was one of a few wearing a mask in the circulation areas. I regret to say the same thing is happening in the supermarkets. What don't people get regarding the fact that the pandemic is still with us and infection rates are getting worse, not better. :smt017 :smt009
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Taken from Matchday guide for Saturday:
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ma ... ome-ground

Breedon Stand
There are some restrictions on movement in the Breedon Stand due to the Red Zone and information has been emailed to ticket holders in this area. It is important that you enter/exit at the correct points because crossing the Red Zone may be limited.
Please do not gather close to the players and officials in the tunnel area before or after the game.
The ABC and Crumbie Bars in the Breedon Stand are not open to the public for this game and the toilets near the tunnel will be closed. There are drinks and food outlets, and toilets, available at each end of the stand and extra portable toilets available on Aylestone Walk.

Wellbeing and Safety
Please think of the wellbeing and safety of yourself and those around you, while helping us to minimise risks from the pandemic. Take extra care over hygiene and sanitisation, consider wearing a facemask in areas around other people, and follow directions of signage and stewards regarding entry and exit. You may not be able to enter at your normal turnstile.
If a ball is kicked to you in the team warm-up or in the game, please do not return it direct to the players or to the pitch. Instead, return to the ball boy team or a steward so it can be sanitised first.
Your support is appreciated and the players will acknowledge the crowd from the pitch at full-time. They cannot, though, join supporters on the touchlines. Please do not wait and gather at the front of the stands as we aim to reduce congestion and close contact in those areas.

Entry
Bars, kiosks and turnstiles open from 1.30pm.
We ask you to arrive as early as possible to avoid congestion.
The club encourages supporters not to bring bags into the stadium in order to help minimise delays and contact due to searches at the turnstiles.
Please be patient with staff in bars and kiosks, many of whom will still be new to their roles after the restrictions on crowds and capacity over the last 18 months.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Faulks04 »

Is Kelly not banned for the sale game ?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Faulks04 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm Is Kelly not banned for the sale game ?
He was banned for 3 matches with one suspended as long as he enrolled on a course. The 2 matches covered Worcester and London Irish so looks like he will be available.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:05 pm Taken from Matchday guide for Saturday:
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ma ... ome-ground

Breedon Stand
There are some restrictions on movement in the Breedon Stand due to the Red Zone and information has been emailed to ticket holders in this area. It is important that you enter/exit at the correct points because crossing the Red Zone may be limited.
Please do not gather close to the players and officials in the tunnel area before or after the game.
The ABC and Crumbie Bars in the Breedon Stand are not open to the public for this game and the toilets near the tunnel will be closed. There are drinks and food outlets, and toilets, available at each end of the stand and extra portable toilets available on Aylestone Walk.

Wellbeing and Safety
Please think of the wellbeing and safety of yourself and those around you, while helping us to minimise risks from the pandemic. Take extra care over hygiene and sanitisation, consider wearing a facemask in areas around other people, and follow directions of signage and stewards regarding entry and exit. You may not be able to enter at your normal turnstile.
If a ball is kicked to you in the team warm-up or in the game, please do not return it direct to the players or to the pitch. Instead, return to the ball boy team or a steward so it can be sanitised first.
Your support is appreciated and the players will acknowledge the crowd from the pitch at full-time. They cannot, though, join supporters on the touchlines. Please do not wait and gather at the front of the stands as we aim to reduce congestion and close contact in those areas.

Entry
Bars, kiosks and turnstiles open from 1.30pm.
We ask you to arrive as early as possible to avoid congestion.
The club encourages supporters not to bring bags into the stadium in order to help minimise delays and contact due to searches at the turnstiles.
Please be patient with staff in bars and kiosks, many of whom will still be new to their roles after the restrictions on crowds and capacity over the last 18 months.
Rather than ask people to 'consider' wearing face masks around other people they should simply 'request' them to wear face masks in such situations. This is done in my local butchers and everyone complies even though it is not enforceable.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Masks compulsory here in N Wales and there is no rioting in the street. Apologies for bending the thread.

It will be interesting to see how we cope with Sale's style of aggressive defence.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Well, we know Manu might score. But then he always gives one( or more) away......