Full games on Premiership Rugby web site

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Full games on Premiership Rugby web site

Post by markharbtiger »

I've noticed that only a few mins of the edited highlights of LI v TIGERS are on Premiershiprugby.com. They obviously recorded the full game, or is it too soon for it to appear or something? Various games are available in full. Anyone know how this works?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Full games on Premiership Rugby web site

Post by RagingBull »

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/prtv/#match-highlights

Scroll down to full match video and it's on there
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Thanks RB - it wasn't at all obvious. But that's brightened my Friday evening!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

And it should be available to view over your porridge on Sunday morning. So all you need to do is avoid the result until then!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Yeah I did that last week only to find that Tigers Vs LI was the only game not uploaded early doors. It was on by the time I'd come back from my bike ride around midday but I'd already succumbed to temptation and watched the highlights by then. Hopefully there's no hitch in getting the game Vs Wuss up on the site in time for breakfast tomorrow.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Being honest , I've checked out the site - not for highlights , just general info/news and found it massively convoluted.Hope streaming works better than some it's aspects.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

It's a shame they dont put the full games on Youtube like they do with the highlights as the website is dreadful.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

The picture quality is poor too. Not even HD.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Grimlish wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:32 pm The picture quality is poor too. Not even HD.
It normally is HD. I think there's been a tech hiccup somewhere in the pipeline.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

LekkerTigers wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Grimlish wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:32 pm The picture quality is poor too. Not even HD.
It normally is HD. I think there's been a tech hiccup somewhere in the pipeline.
Not sure about hiccup - it's happened before. Virtually unwatchable for me. I watched the highlights on youtube instead. Had lots of other stuff to do anyhow so saved a bit of time. I can't complain too much I guess given it's for free!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

For those who have BT Sport, these last 2 weeks I've discovered that they have changed the format of their highlights show (don't know when this started). For each game, it used to be Craig Doyle with a 10 second intro followed by about 11-12 minutes of highlights and nothing else. No discussion by 'pundits'. Because of this (and for Flats comments) , I preferred to watch the old Channel 5 show. Now, they use the Sunday studio trio in place of Craig to create a similar show to the old Channel 5 offering.

However a word of warning. Before the televised Sunday game they show short highlights of the Friday and Saturday matches, and the trio comment and discuss. For the highlights show, BT take the comments already made by the trio but pair them with longer highlights than before the Sunday match, taking around 15 minutes total per game (including adverts). Obviously, comments on the Sunday match(es) are from after the Sunday game(s).
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

The video quality on the full match on the Premier Rugby site now seems to be improved so it must have been a glitch. It looked OK on a small screen but did not upscale to the resolution of higher screen resolution.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yes it does seem much better than when I looked on Sunday. Thought it was my fault the picture quality was low :smt044