4G Pitch bans? Leggings are allowed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 4G Pitch bans? Leggings are allowed

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Any complaints today on the Warriors 'fake' pitch? Maybe the scoreline of 3-48 soothes the burns, impact and abrasion. How much is actually physical of which I'm sure is a fact, or is it one for the clubs psychiatrist? Going to ground on plastic or tackling Mr Nadolo?

Happy lifer enjoying the moment. The nearest I get to skin abrasions these days are bed-sores.😝
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:55 pm
chris111 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Fine, I'll bite.

"The first thing to note is that, over the course of four years that the survey has dealt with artificial pitches, the frequency and severity of injuries on the AGPs is not statistically different to those played on grass. Over the first three years the numbers were slightly lower on AGPs so the spike of injuries in 2016/17 may be just that, a statistical anomaly"

I can selectively quote text as well.
You cracked first, Tig - I was resisting the temptation. However, I suspect this is an unwinnable argument. Selective quotation and confirmation bias provides a comforting sense of rightness for many these days, when compared with the wearisome task of ploughing through peer-reviewed science only to end up with inconclusive outcomes!
Ugh ,there it is again. "Peer reviewed " 🤮
How can somebody possibly be opposed to peer reviewed research?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ABClub wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:01 pm

You cracked first, Tig - I was resisting the temptation. However, I suspect this is an unwinnable argument. Selective quotation and confirmation bias provides a comforting sense of rightness for many these days, when compared with the wearisome task of ploughing through peer-reviewed science only to end up with inconclusive outcomes!
Scientists agree with whoever is funding them 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I regret getting involved already :smt023
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:08 pm
I regret getting involved already :smt023
Yeah - the thread’s off down the rabbit hole now….time to get the dinner on and wait for the match to come up online :smt031
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please stick to the topic.
:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes it has,just to end the debate here some of us have “painstakingly” gone through peer reviewed studies while little old me has flitted through a few articles with a bit of 2 cents and a basic grasp of statistics yet we have both come to the same conclusion that the studies remain inconclusive. Science ay 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:04 pm
ABClub wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:01 pm

Scientists agree with whoever is funding them 👍
Hence the existence of peer reviews. If a study is obviously biased in any way, such as towards what the funding wants them to find, then those scientists work gets torn apart by their peers upon review.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Now the discussion on artificial pitches has long been debated on this forum but Tigers fortunately decided on the excellent hybrid pitch.
So if you look on the Webcam at present the pitch looks more like a Blackpool beach even with Cat diggers on it!
I believe Exeter followed our hybrid installation but Newcastle, Saracens and others are using "plastic pitches"
Ok! it's an improvement from the old Cyril Lord nylon carpets we grew up on but burns to the skin is still.

At last World Rugby have issued a statement that they are going to research into the use of artificial surfaces. :smt023

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/other/w ... ar-AAZj6U3

Well better late than never, but could this open the door to injury claims through their procrastination. :smt002