Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Post by anz3001 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:14 am Anyone else find it crazy how you can get a VPN and a sports subscription for cheaper than BT and get access to all games with immediate on demand
Yep, I’m waiting to see if there is any sort of clamp down before cancelling by BT sport subscription but it seems a bit daft to keep paying it.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Thanks for the links, speedski! In between Sunday morning gardening, I've just watched the highlights and was impressed!

Sale will be several notches up from Worcester, but on the evidence of what I've seen this season, Tigers should maintain their unbeaten run.
Semper in excretia
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Having now watched the match in full, it feels like I’m allowed to make comment…

Matt Scott had a superb all round game yesterday. Defence, support lines, breakdown work, line breaks. My MoM
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:19 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:14 am Anyone else find it crazy how you can get a VPN and a sports subscription for cheaper than BT and get access to all games with immediate on demand
Yep, I’m waiting to see if there is any sort of clamp down before cancelling by BT sport subscription but it seems a bit daft to keep paying it.
For those of us more IT challenged, please can you explain how this works?
Soggypitch
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am Having now watched the match in full, it feels like I’m allowed to make comment…

Matt Scott had a superb all round game yesterday. Defence, support lines, breakdown work, line breaks. My MoM
I've not watched any of it yet, but I've read a lot, so am I allowed to say it sounds like we played ok? :smt003 :smt003 :smt002
Soggypitch
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 am
TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am Having now watched the match in full, it feels like I’m allowed to make comment…

I've not watched any of it yet, but I've read a lot, so am I allowed to say it sounds like we played ok? :smt003 :smt003 :smt002
:smt003 According to some you can only have an opinion if you’ve watched the game!

We did indeed play ‘ok’. So ‘ok’ that I’m considering watching it again!!!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Having watched the game well we dominated every facet of the game. Even when Worcester had us camped on our try line our defence looked strong.

We were however, inaccurate and undisciplined on occasion. It's scary to think how much we could still tighten up and improve compared to where we currently are. If we'd tightened up today we could easily have had another three tries maybe more.

What I liked was how the starting 15 played well and then the bench came on firing. Some of the guys who haven't had much of a look in like Burns, Henderson and Murimurivalu really came out looking to make a point. The squad competition is really coming along brilliantly.

I hope the lads had a couple of beers together on the bus on the way home they definitely earned them. Five wins from five and only two TBP dropped is a world away from where we were last season. We don't have to keep this up all season but getting so many points on the board early doors should hopefully give us more opportunities to rest key players later and help us weather the international periods.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:45 am
Basically a VPN is a "Virtual Private Network"

So if you use one you don't connect to the Internet you connect to the VPN "network" sort of like a work network and then that connects to the Internet. Only difference is that VPN is worldwide, so if you have one in say Australia, youu technically are on a network with a place in Australia and then that connects to the Internet there, so as far as your Internet connection knows you are online in Australia.

Most reputable VPNs are subscription (certainly if used for much data)

So if you were to then buy a sports subscription package in Australia that gives live access to UK sport which as far as your internet access thinks you're in Aus you can get it cheaper even with a VPN subscription on top.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I watched the highlights,some great trys! Can’t wait to see the full game later
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:45 am
It’s dead easy.

Buy access to a VPN

Company’s can block VPN access though, once it’s obvious too many connections come from the same server.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The defence in the early second half was crazy, don't think I have seen us his and tackle with so much power and aggression in a while.
Helped that Worcester was lightweight in that regards.

Also why Worcester let Weir go is beyond me apparently wanted a 3 year contract and was offered 1 year, crazy.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:33 am The defence in the early second half was crazy, don't think I have seen us his and tackle with so much power and aggression in a while.

Also why Worcester let Weir go is beyond me apparently wanted a 3 year contract and was offered 1 year, crazy.
I don't like going in on other clubs to hard but they appear to be such a poorly run club
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:41 am
RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:33 am The defence in the early second half was crazy, don't think I have seen us his and tackle with so much power and aggression in a while.

I don't like going in on other clubs to hard but they appear to be such a poorly run club
They have some good players, but seem to be less that the sum of the parts. I'd wait a few more games before judging them too harshly I'm not sure many teams could have lived with that Tigers performance yesterday.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I was there with my son and every part of the visit showed we were in total control. From the way, the travelling 32 (yes there were 32) began to warm up to the end of the game we oozed confidence in what we were doing. It was a class performance against a not very good Warriors team. As others have said, this needs to be continued over the next few weeks. Wins against Sale, Saints, and Bath and I will begin to believe that we are in with a real chance of winning some silverware this year. 25 - 1 on betfair seems a ridiculous bet as the next I can find is 15/2 via oddschecker.
Last edited by trendylfj on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hehehehehehehehe
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Watched the game back, earlier, and according to commentary it's Montodger this week :smt044