Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Post by Scott1 »

MVS 6 carries for 41 metres and 28 tackles 2 missed 👀👀👀
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:09 pm The Premiership website has Steward winning one line out. Did he throw a quick one to himself,must be that surely.
He took one quick one, but not to himself!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:09 pm The Premiership website has Steward winning one line out. Did he throw a quick one to himself,must be that surely.
He took one quick one, but not to himself!
Thanks,thought it might have been one of those where you loop it up and catch it yourself. Strange to include it in the stats though 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great performance by the whole squad.
Now for Sale so no drop in legal physicality please and keep the variation in tactics.
Let the same team play v Sale.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

The first game I've missed watching either live or via TV for nigh on 2 1/2 seasons. :smt022

Sad that I could only listen via BBC Hereford and Worcester. BBC Radio Leicester in thrall to the footy. Even though there is only one team in the city that is smashing it every week :smt041
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:12 pm MVS 6 carries for 41 metres and 28 tackles 2 missed 👀👀👀
He was incredible today
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:59 pm
chris111 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm

That the highlights as well as the full game?
Not sure - is it actually full game? I thought it was edited down to around 60mins playing time (so basically cutting the injury/water breaks and scrum resets!)
Not sure but there’s a 5/6 minute highlights vid that usually go on before the games do. I’m hoping thats still the case,I can’t wait until tomorrow morning 😂
It’s the full match I believe.. I honestly don’t think the highlights will do that performance justice.. usually uploaded about 12 hours after the match
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Snyman had a good game again looks a very smart signing. Especially as Enever replacement who didn’t really do anything.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm In the words of Worcester Warriors head coach Jonathan Thomas:

“They're top of the league for a reason. They absolutely steamrollered us. Physically they dominated. That is the the most complete team performance I've seen in the Premiership for a long time”
Tigers head coach Steve Borthwick told BBC Radio Leicester:

"I'm proud of that performance. The players' effort was great. They really earned that result.

"But we still turned the ball over a bit too often. We need to be better than that. We're always looking to improve.

"George Ford pulled the strings and was very, very good. Whether he is in the England squad is not my call, but he looked very sharp. And I want to help my players to be the best they can be and help their aspirations."
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Amazing performance, the team put out today was world class, SB is a class coach, someone who has a plan and pumps out motivation throughout the squad, the focus should be top 4, get us back in the play offs and make us the best again!!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

baz1664 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:29 pm Amazing performance, the team put out today was world class, SB is a class coach, someone who has a plan and pumps out motivation throughout the squad, the focus should be top 4, get us back in the play offs and make us the best again!!!
It gets banded around too much but I agree. That team individually talent wise could live with any team in Europe but when it becomes a well oiled machine it could be frighteningly good. Littered with top,top players!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Out of interest …how many people on this forum went to today’s game ?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:38 pm Out of interest …how many people on this forum went to today’s game ?
1 + 2 extras :smt023
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Funny …but it makes me wonder how we can comment on our progress unless we’ve actually seen it for ourselves. Of course results and stats speak for themselves and within that we can also draw differing conclusions but to credibly remark on this forum I think members must at least have watched the :censored: game !!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Was contemplating doing player ratings for people who didn't see the game but realised it was pointless, obviously there were mistakes but I think everybody was at least a 7/10 if not 8/10