Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Post by baz1664 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:34 pm
baz1664 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:29 pm Amazing performance, the team put out today was world class, SB is a class coach, someone who has a plan and pumps out motivation throughout the squad, the focus should be top 4, get us back in the play offs and make us the best again!!!
It gets banded around too much but I agree. That team individually talent wise could live with any team in Europe but when it becomes a well oiled machine it could be frighteningly good. Littered with top,top players!
Agreed, the squad today looked immense and did the job with ease!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:54 pm Funny …but it makes me wonder how we can comment on our progress unless we’ve actually seen it for ourselves. Of course results and stats speak for themselves and within that we can also draw differing conclusions but to credibly remark on this forum I think members must at least have watched the :censored: game !!
I'll take my victory glass and make comment, whether I've seen the game or not.

I enjoy the comments on here (Well, most of them 😁😁) when I can't get access to the game live.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:54 pm Funny …but it makes me wonder how we can comment on our progress unless we’ve actually seen it for ourselves. Of course results and stats speak for themselves and within that we can also draw differing conclusions but to credibly remark on this forum I think members must at least have watched the :censored: game !!
I didn’t watch the game but I’ll remark on it as much as I like! 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:04 pm

I enjoy the comments on here (Well, most of them 😁😁) when I can't get access to the game live.
I try to celebrate but would rather experience the game live, rather than TV.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:16 pm

Me too...but it's a long drive and the family I'd love to take are far too frail now.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:16 pm

If I’m honest i prefer watching a game live on TV,going to the game is about the day out. A beer before train,beer on train,quick one in The Parcelyard then walk down having a chat with other fans on the way. Might grab a burger then chat with fans I’ve sat by for years (when I had my ST). Was in W2 Mattoli so on top of our players warming up. Then the game,the atmosphere,beer at HT and then the same going home in reverse apart from the beers. The game sort of comes second if that makes sense. Plus it’s a far better experience taking a game in on TVwith camera angles and repeats etc anyway. But that’s just me
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Thanks for your honesty everyone …perhaps gives an element of perspective regarding “one’s” views though
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

TiltonTiger wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:55 pm The first game I've missed watching either live or via TV for nigh on 2 1/2 seasons. :smt022

Sad that I could only listen via BBC Hereford and Worcester. BBC Radio Leicester in thrall to the footy. Even though there is only one team in the city that is smashing it every week :smt041
....oh, you have got a short memory.....!!!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 pm Thanks for your honesty everyone …perhaps gives an element of perspective regarding “one’s” views though
I watched the game live online.

The game is well worth a watch though.. enjoy :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

I was there, and it was a joy to behold. Fast paced attacking rugby, played by a team who exuded confidence. Granted, Warriors didn't present the challenge of some of the better teams but that sort of performance comes from within. Credit to the players and coaches. Now the challenge is to do the same against Sale.
PaleoTiger

Post by PaleoTiger »

KiwiTig wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:38 pm Out of interest …how many people on this forum went to today’s game ?
I went today. The boat was never rocking. Duhan VDM had the ball twice and made 15 yards both times. Rest of the time was watcher on the wing. Needs to get into the game more. Tigers weathered an inspired Wuss for 15 mins after break and then turned the screw really. Burns try was perfect Freddie. If anything, seeing that confidence in Freddie on top of the obvious performance from the others shows the state of the squad.
You can only play what’s in front of you, we had a fully loading bar YBY team against the weakest. We did what we should’ve done. Can’t wait for Sale to see where we really are against the “top 4” teams because at the moment I don’t think anyone would want to play us. Or not until Autumn international players have gone!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Anyone else find it crazy how you can get a VPN and a sports subscription for cheaper than BT and get access to all games with immediate on demand
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:14 am Anyone else find it crazy how you can get a VPN and a sports subscription for cheaper than BT and get access to all games with immediate on demand
And depending on the service access to other sports/leagues that cost an awful lot like PL football
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I’m not sure everyone that did will be inclined to answer but if it helps to balance, I haven’t missed a game in 4 years. I’ve been at every home game and the Twickenham final, and I’ve watched every away game, live, whether that be via BT Sport, genuine, or dodgy streams.

Can I pass comment?