Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Worcester Warriors injury news

Noah Heward has a tight quad and is going to have a scan.
Willi Heinz took a little bit of a knock at Exeter.
Duhan van der Merwe and Rory Sutherland both tightened up a bit at Exeter so we took them off but they will be fine this weekend.
Jamie Shillcock took a bang to a knee.
Kyle Hatherell came off with a head injury at Exeter. He’s going through his HIA protocols at the moment but it looks promising for the weekend.
Chris Ashton was on course to be involved last week but suffered a bit of a hiccup in training last Wednesday but he trained today.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Warriors | 15 Harri Doel, 14 Perry Humphreys, 13 Ollie Lawrence, 12 Francois Venter (CC), 11 Duhan van der Merwe, 10 Billy Searle, 9 Will Chudley, 1 Rory Sutherland, 2 Scott Baldwin (CC), 3 Christian Judge, 4 Andrew Kitchener, 5 Justin Clegg, 6 Kyle Hatherell, 7 Sam Lewis, 8 Sione Vailanu.

Replacements | 16 Niall Annett, 17 Ethan Waller, 18 Jay Tyack, 19 Joe Batley, 20 Matt Kvesic, 21 Gareth Simpson, 22 Fin Smith, 23 Oli Morris.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

That is a team and a half!!!

Yet we're still leaving out lots of talent Reffell, Martin, Youngs etc, who are all getting a well earnt break weekend.

Nice to see Kini back in the squad too, and adds to our ever growing depth.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Heinz is a big loss for Worcester
CrumbieGrumbler

Post by CrumbieGrumbler »

Pellsey wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:04 pm
watsonjm wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:34 am
fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am Can anyone please post the link to watch the match live, believe there is a VPN streaming service ? Thanks in advance.
I'm not an expert but i think you'll need to sign up to a VPN service to get the game
A VPN can be used to give you a new virtual geographic position., so if a service, for example, legally requires you to be in Singapore to view it, then a VPN can help. It also gives you some kinds of anti-malware protection, at least to some degree. You still need a streaming service to view it. Https://www.rugbypass.com/ is an example of a pay service which (apparently) does not work if you are seen to be geographically in the UK, but using a VPN which puts your address as in SIngapore, "could" make this work.
Rugbypass have actually blocked a lot of VPNs now, however last week I bought Stan sport which is an Australian one that shows all the games. Costs about 12 quid a month and worked perfectly with a VPN if you set yourself to Aus
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Think for the first time this season you can possibly say that's our best XV

Yes there's arguments to be made for, Heyes, Green, Martin, Reffell, Youngs, Kelly etc to be there, but everyone of those in their respective positions has a pretty strong case that they are the best person to play there
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

So six changes in personnel plus a couple of positional moves from last weeks very strong starting line-up. What a squad we now have.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Saw the side on the official website and went "B****y hell!". Scary.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

It should be a very good game as Worcester will be out to prove last weeks result was a blip! They also have some of their “big guns” playing their second game and they always raise their game v Tigers. The drubbings they’ve given us at Welford Road ( except last season) in the past still hurt and as I’ve said before I like going to Worcester but it’s a very long time since we have played well at Sixways! Heyes got that last minute defensive penalty to get us over the line last year and it will be another intriguing tussle tomorrow.
Come on Tigers!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Every time I look at the team sheet I'm impressed. Reveals we have a lot of depth these days.
Pity the game isn't on TV
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I am surprised we've seen nothing of Hegarty yet (unless I missed it)?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Best bit of news for us regarding the Worcester team is no Ted Hill, he always scores against us so that'll be at least 5 points less for Worcester!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:01 pm That's a strong side!
It needs to be. The Wuss have fallen just short so far, other than the drubbing by the Chiefs. They will be well up for it. The guys have to adapt quickly with the integration of the Ints coming back. SB will expect every last drop from them before they head off again for the AIs. Happy with a one point win if the 80 mins are consistently good.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:17 pm Best bit of news for us regarding the Worcester team is no Ted Hill, he always scores against us so that'll be at least 5 points less for Worcester!
Hill's serving a 3 week ban. He's a quality player, looks a future international so no doubt a big loss for Worcester.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

1.van Wyk
2.Youngs
3.Hurd
4.Martin
5.Green
6.Brink
7.Reffell
8.Smith

9.Youngs
10.Lancaster

11.Saumaki
12.Socino
13.Kelly
14.Porter
15.Hegarty

A not included XV. The depth in this squad has come so far in a short space of time.