Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester (A) 16th October - 3pm

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Didn't Hurd go off in Jersey & not seen since.

It was blindingly obvious we would miss Big Tomas at scrum time, its the one area our locks let us down, well that & their at times poor discipline.

As for Sir at the weekend, never been convinced by Pearce, but it is another game without the "village" in charge so that's a bonus, the TMO worries me though....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I think the days of constant pack domination in the scrum are long gone. Generally we have an excellent pack which are as good as most and better than many but it is very technical and depending on how sir is seeing things we do at times get the wrong end of the stick. However, I am pleased at the way we have managed to pull things back in the scrum which in the past was not happening.

Dolly is a good young prospect but as already said the scrum is probably his weakest area and he has missed a couple of hooks. That said other parts of his game have been very good and at 'fourth choice' we are blessed to have such quality which will only get better with experience.

We will get injuries as the season progresses but I am more that happy at the depth of power, skills and shear doggedness the current forwards bring to the party. Long may it continue :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The adage is forwards win games, backs decide by how much, we have played four won four. Against Irish we won all five of our scrums and took one of theirs.Of eighteen lineouts we won 17 lost one we also took one of theirs. I think our forwards are doing ok and we are not missing Lavanini good player though he was for us, I just do not think our locks let us down or that their discipline has been poor or at least any worse than Tomas.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

For me it seem strange to come up against a Worcester minus Chris Pennell , who's long association with the Warriors ended last season.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... s-jackals/

Now plying his trade in the USA (see above) , always thought that he was a vastly underrated Full Back , who's club loyalty cost probably him in terms of international recognition.I believe he deserved far more than the solitary England Cap (2014).Certainly caused us some damage in seasons past.
Best of luck though......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Can anyone please post the link to watch the match live, believe there is a VPN streaming service ? Thanks in advance.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am Can anyone please post the link to watch the match live, believe there is a VPN streaming service ? Thanks in advance.
I'm not an expert but i think you'll need to sign up to a VPN service to get the game
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am Can anyone please post the link to watch the match live, believe there is a VPN streaming service ? Thanks in advance.
VIPBOX rugby,then pick our game and click on the first link. There will be many but the first always works,and the picture is usually top notch 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

That is one scary team!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well we are going all out for this
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

That's a strong side!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

STARTING XV
15 Freddie Steward [39]
14 Harry Potter [18]
13 Matías Moroni [17] *
12 Matt Scott [28]
11 Nemani Nadolo [19]
10 George Ford [109]
9 Jack van Poortvliet [24]
1 Ellis Genge (c) [93]
2 Julián Montoya [7]
3 Dan Cole [268]
4 Harry Wells [128]
5 Eli Snyman [3]
6 Hanro Liebenberg (vc) [40]
7 Marco van Staden [1]
8 Jasper Wiese [20] *

REPLACEMENTS
16 Nic Dolly [6]
17 Nephi Leatigaga [45]
18 Joe Heyes [74]
19 Cameron Henderson [18]
20 Ollie Chessum [11]
21 Richard Wigglesworth [16]
22 Freddie Burns [79]
23 Kini Murimurivalu [23] *
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

watsonjm wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:34 am
I'm not an expert but i think you'll need to sign up to a VPN service to get the game
A VPN can be used to give you a new virtual geographic position., so if a service, for example, legally requires you to be in Singapore to view it, then a VPN can help. It also gives you some kinds of anti-malware protection, at least to some degree. You still need a streaming service to view it. Https://www.rugbypass.com/ is an example of a pay service which (apparently) does not work if you are seen to be geographically in the UK, but using a VPN which puts your address as in SIngapore, "could" make this work.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:03 pm STARTING XV
15 Freddie Steward [39]
14 Harry Potter [18]
13 Matías Moroni [17] *
12 Matt Scott [28]
11 Nemani Nadolo [19]
10 George Ford [109]
9 Jack van Poortvliet [24]
1 Ellis Genge (c) [93]
2 Julián Montoya [7]
3 Dan Cole [268]
4 Harry Wells [128]
5 Eli Snyman [3]
6 Hanro Liebenberg (vc) [40]
7 Marco van Staden [1]
8 Jasper Wiese [20] *

REPLACEMENTS
16 Nic Dolly [6]
17 Nephi Leatigaga [45]
18 Joe Heyes [74]
19 Cameron Henderson [18]
20 Ollie Chessum [11]
21 Richard Wigglesworth [16]
22 Freddie Burns [79]
23 Kini Murimurivalu [23] *
Wow. What a team.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Wow.. just wow.. That team is immense! Looking forward to watching this one.. Genge, Montoya, Cole, Wells, Snyman, Liebenberg, MvS, Wiese.. that is some pack! Said only a few days ago I was looking forward to seeing this line up and here it is! :smt027 :smt027 :smt027

Great to see JvP and Ford pairing.. very excited by this and so please to see Moroni in the backs division again. Great to see Kini back in the 23 too.

Very optimistic about this one :smt027
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Lots of our best players IMHO. Let's hope nobody gets injured on that pitch!