Round 4 other matches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Round 4 other matches

Post by BigDan50 »

Don’t think any side would have the fitness to combat the wonderful rugby Quinn’s play when they play like they did tonight, it’s rugby from the gods.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Speed ski, not bitter then😳
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Alex Dombrant, outstanding. I love the fact he’s not a great big Vunipola style lump, he’s got a massive skillset. Add in Smith and Randall, who both played very well, you’ve got skill over brawn, which is great to see
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Yes but will Eddie pick the three of them to play in the autumn internationals, personally I don’t think he will.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Sadly I think you’re right
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Could an 8/9/10 of Dombrant, Randall and Smith beat the Springboks or All Blacks ? Only one way to find out, in the Autumn.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Absolutely cracking game.. 0-21 after 30 or so minutes followed by pretty much 52 unanswered points! :smt038

Smith, Esterhuizen, Green, Lynagh and Dombrandt all outstanding.. Barnes had a great game too I thought. Good to see him pinging Harding for a cheap shove in the back of Smith.. silly ill discipline a bit like we saw Sarries pinged for.

Another cracker of a game and Bristol really did run out of steam.. was it the week off that Quins had or was it that Bristol just don't have the same fitness levels? Whatever it was I have to say that was some comeback!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:53 pm Absolutely cracking game.. 0-21 after 30 or so minutes followed by pretty much 52 unanswered points! :smt038

Smith, Esterhuizen, Green, Lynagh and Dombrandt all outstanding.. Barnes had a great game too I thought. Good to see him pinging Harding for a cheap shove in the back of Smith.. silly ill discipline a bit like we saw Sarries pinged for.

Another cracker of a game and Bristol really did run out of steam.. was it the week off that Quins had or was it that Bristol just don't have the same fitness levels? Whatever it was I have to say that was some comeback!
Think you've hit it, fitness levels. When you're gone, you're gone and the opposition realise..........
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:42 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:53 pm Absolutely cracking game.. 0-21 after 30 or so minutes followed by pretty much 52 unanswered points! :smt038

Think you've hit it, fitness levels. When you're gone, you're gone and the opposition realise..........
Green on the other hand has some engine! Was still running round like a kid in the playground come the final whistle! What a player he is rapidly turning in to
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:51 am
jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:42 am

Green on the other hand has some engine! Was still running round like a kid in the playground come the final whistle! What a player he is rapidly turning in to
How can you not marvel at a team who can play like that, time and again.
From a Welsh perspective, I can only hope that Eddie continues to leave out Marler, Dombrandt, Smith and Marchant. And how long before Esterhuizen and Green are starting for South Africa.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Perhaps some good news for Pat Lam following Friday night and the 52-24 defeat of Bristol by Harlequins.....
If memory serves, last time out versus 'quins Bristol threw away a 28-0 advantage ; last night they only spurned a 21-0 lead - obviously they are improving ....
Last edited by kk20gb30 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

I know it sounds like I’m trying to dilute the credit due to Quins….but there was something horrendous going on with Bristol in the last 30mins. Not sure whether it was poor physical fitness or a collective psychological meltdown - or a combination of both.

Whatever it is, their coaching team has a big week coming up. Falcons away next week? A tricky fixture for a team lacking in confidence.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 pm Speed ski, not bitter then😳
Not bitter - very disappointed in it and him.

He's better than that.

As for this season, it seems that Bris/Exeter didn't see the improvements of others coming. In addition the others have worked out the way the tempo keeps Bris/Exeter in the game - they didn't change anything and they're being found out. Complacency is more punishing than ever in the GP.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Here's Smith's try from last night's game - for those like me, who didn't see the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... ame=iossmf
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/prtv/

Full match available if interested and it’s well worth a watch