Noggs
Super User
Super User

Kelly cited

Post by Noggs »

Hearing tomorrow.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/gp ... nary-kelly

To be expected. 4 - 6 weeks?
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Kelly cited

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Noggs wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:16 pm Hearing tomorrow.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/gp ... nary-kelly

To be expected. 4 - 6 weeks?
As expected and no complaints. It was reckless and I am just glad it didn't result in the decision being reversed which we have seen many times with similar incidents.

Expect mid range entry level of 6 weeks with full mitigation of 50 percent so 3 weeks out. Would mean he's unavailable for Irish, Worcester and Saints. Might, if we are lucky have Moroni back for a little bit before the Autumn Internationals but if not I'd say we have decent cover with:

12. Scott, Socino
13. Porter, Taute

Might see Lancaster feature in the centres or maybe even Nadolo? :smt017

It is one of the weakest areas of our squad imho so losing Kelly will be a blow but I'm hoping he won't be out for long and Scott, Socino and Porter should be able to cover if we don't get Moroni back.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I would guess
Leading with the forearm Reckless
Mid Range since it was to the head.
Which would be 6 weeks.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Hope he learns from this. Reminiscent of Weise last season. Would have lost us the game if it had been picked up
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

northerntiger wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:42 pm Hope he learns from this. Reminiscent of Weise last season. Would have lost us the game if it had been picked up
And Heyes against Bath.. his wasn't the same severity but a silly little push here and there and penalties get reversed which cost us points/the game. Need to cut these out if we are to return to the top
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It is indeed fortunate that it was not picked up by the officials at the time as it would have cost us the game. Reckless at best although his past record shows he is not a dirty player.

No doubt he will plead guilty (clearly shown on camera) and with due contrition he should get a 50%? discount. I think the starting point is debatable.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Like the way the potential loss of Kelly is described as hitting one of the weaker areas of our squad then 4 or 5 alternatives to him are listed. We have depth in the squad now, anybody missing a game may not automatically get their place back when available.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:57 pm Like the way the potential loss of Kelly is described as hitting one of the weaker areas of our squad then 4 or 5 alternatives to him are listed. We have depth in the squad now, anybody missing a game may not automatically get their place back when available.
Have to agree with this. Kelly has played well but so has Scott and others. We do have good cover at the moment for all positions although as we all know this can quickly change with what is an attritional game. It's a good feeling not to have to panic when a first choice player is not available for whatever reason.

Kelly is intelligent and should learn from this mistake.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I didn't see the incident. Is there a video of it?
Semper in excretia
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I'd be surprised if he got more than a couple of weeks, there really wasn't a lot of force and he has a good track record
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Picked up by the new citing officer Austin Healey
A2O
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:50 pm I didn't see the incident. Is there a video of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUyqJC ... rtCharlton

As always slow mo makes it look worse, there wasn't much force but it's leading with the forearm and contact to the head as RB says above.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:47 pm
northerntiger wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:42 pm Hope he learns from this. Reminiscent of Weise last season. Would have lost us the game if it had been picked up
And Heyes against Bath.. his wasn't the same severity but a silly little push here and there and penalties get reversed which cost us points/the game. Need to cut these out if we are to return to the top
For me Heyes was straight up inconsistent reffing.
Pushes like that have happened in every game I've seen that was the first time I saw it pinged
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:25 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:47 pm
For me Heyes was straight up inconsistent reffing.
Pushes like that have happened in every game I've seen that was the first time I saw it pinged
If my memory serves me correctly he was warned on the opposite side of the field only moments before for pushing someone after the lineout. He then did it again which was plain stupid, unnecessary and ultimately cost us. No complaints from me with the decision by the referee. I’ve seen players pinged for afters like that (most recently Ridley reversed a penalty on Sat for a push by their 17 on Cole)
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ABClub wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:19 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:50 pm I didn't see the incident. Is there a video of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUyqJC ... rtCharlton

As always slow mo makes it look worse, there wasn't much force but it's leading with the forearm and contact to the head as RB says above.
Thanks, ABC. Agreed. The contact to the head seems relatively inocuous which'll maybe mean that Kelly will be "rested" for 2/3 matches.
Semper in excretia