Travel to Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Travel to Irish

Post by dpoc74 »

I can't make it to Leicester for 10AM to catch the supporters away bus, so was looking at trains to the new stadium.
It all looks a bit of a dogs dinner in terms of the number of stations within 20 mins of the stadium (eight!) and the time it will take to get to the stadium from Market Harborough. Coupled with industrial action and bus replacement services, I might need to forgo my usual lunchtime refreshment and drive. Even with booked parking this would be a) quicker, b) cheaper.
It is frustrating that weekend train services are so poor and so expensive!

I travelled to London yesterday to see my wife run in the marathon. ( I used a tigers flag to wave so she could spot us in the crowd and I had a fair few runners run past me and shout out "tigers" :smt003 ) but the train broke down on the way to London and took nearly three hours.
On the way back the train was only half the usual length so we had to stand in the corridors, myself, my 12 year old and two people who had just run the marathon!

Anyway I guess no one has been to an Irish game in their new stadium yet so hints and tips are yet to be discovered!

Looking forward to the game regardless of how I end up getting there!