London Irish (A) Sat 9th Oct

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Re: London Irish (A) Sat 9th Oct & Worcester (A) Sat 16th Oct

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Just checked on Tigers web site fixtures and although not sure if 100% accurate inc Europe rounds but excluding all semi and finals. BT are televising 8 more of our remaining fixtures.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 pm Just checked on Tigers web site fixtures and although not sure if 100% accurate inc Europe rounds but excluding all semi and finals. BT are televising 8 more of our remaining fixtures.
More TV fixtures are still to be agreed for the second half of the season….all European games are covered.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Are we on the red button?
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:06 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:04 pmNo JvP
If its not injury or rest I would guess its because LI score a lot of 2nd half points and we may want Wigglesworth to close the game out
I would imagine this is the likely reason.. makes sense
. I am not too sure about that, Wigglesworth has not been good and asking him to close out the game with his kicking as ineffective as Youngs.
Would rather have JVP sniping and thinking outside of the box and with the ability to counter should LI chose to focus on attack.
Would be surprised to see Wigglesworth play for us again, got the impression he was on the verge of winding down.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mol2 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 pm Are we on the red button?
Don't think so. BT are just back to showing a few games a weekend now fans are back.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Redstripeman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:45 pm

If its not injury or rest I would guess its because LI score a lot of 2nd half points and we may want Wigglesworth to close the game out
. I am not too sure about that, Wigglesworth has not been good and asking him to close out the game with his kicking as ineffective as Youngs.
Would rather have JVP sniping and thinking outside of the box and with the ability to counter should LI chose to focus on attack.
Would be surprised to see Wigglesworth play for us again, got the impression he was on the verge of winding down.
That's all of WW's wages as part of our salary cap then......
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Redstripeman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:45 pm

Who will be the second SH during the Autumn Internationals or 6N if Youngs is away then? Law and Edwards are promising youngsters but I’d expect Wiggo to provide cover with JvP starting
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

If we want to challenge in the league we need to be more than one injury (during international periods) away from having Edwards and Law as our only two SH options.

(Notice Simmons is playing 15 for Jersey today)

This means we need an experienced option and Wigglesworth is that, he may not be the player he was but he is quality cover, whats more as one of the coaches he intimately knows our attack and defence structure, rather than a loanee that we get in for cover.

Personally giving him gametime before we 100% require him is exactly why SB rotates, JVP having a break is perfectly fine and he knows how well thought of he is by staff...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 am If we want to challenge in the league we need to be more than one injury (during international periods) away from having Edwards and Law as our only two SH options.

(Notice Simmons is playing 15 for Jersey today)

This means we need an experienced option and Wigglesworth is that, he may not be the player he was but he is quality cover, whats more as one of the coaches he intimately knows our attack and defence structure, rather than a loanee that we get in for cover.

Personally giving him gametime before we 100% require him is exactly why SB rotates, JVP having a break is perfectly fine and he knows how well thought of he is by staff...
Spot on, Steve. If we go into the last quarter with a 5-10 pt lead, I’d be perfectly happy seeing WW come on.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Just checking out the Premiership Rugby website TV options and it looks like last weekends Sat matches were loaded on about 4am on Sun morning. So looks like it will be a bit of a wait trying to avoid finding out the score but hopefully it will be worth it :smt023

Just watched the last 5 minutes of the Sarries game again while I was on there.. never get bored of seeing those last 5 minutes and the smile on Ridley's face at the end :smt002 :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Seems to be loads of us here!
Shortbloke66

Post by Shortbloke66 »

Seems more tigers than Irish where I’m sitting.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Irish with the early advantage from a nice 50/22 by Jackson
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Anyone had luck finding a stream or is it just not being broadcast?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ABClub wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:10 pm Anyone had luck finding a stream or is it just not being broadcast?
All the usual streams for the non broadcast games seem to have disappeared this season, however there are ways of watching if your a bit more tech savvy