Round 3 - Saracens (H) - Saturday 02nd October 2021

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Round 3 - Saracens (H) - Saturday 02nd October 2021

Post by Big Dai »

Van W the wing worries me. Every time I've watched him he's been prone to brain fade. Deliberately Knocking the ball into touch and tackles in the air come to mind.

Would rather Muri was selected but then I don't know the injury situation and I'm not Borthwick.

I see the need for rotation but would have hoped for one more shot before it kicked in.....especially as it's Sarries. (Spits in bucket)

I'll be watching this one from behind the settee, invyhe virtual company of Posh Richard and the old man....
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Scratching my head with our selection. But I’m not a premiership coach so I assume SB has a trick up his sleeve. So as per others have said…In SB we trust.

Either way, will be shouting loudly to help make the crowd the 16th man.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Interesting selection. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Saumaki's running with ball in hand and the use of Burns at FB could be a cleaver move in the anticipated playing conditions.

As ever winning the set piece and the breakdown will be key so we definitely need to watch our discipline as they are unlikely to miss many kicks.

Like others I'm still not convinced about Kobus van Wyk and he needs a big game to convince me otherwise. I very much hope he puts my fears to rest.

Looking forward to another great game and a win :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Just seen this on Twitter, can't read the detail as behind a paywall, but am hopeful it may be the end of him in club rugby

https://twitter.com/TelegraphRugby/stat ... 02813?s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Players away training with England are not going to be part of the match preparation for the weekend game so if we can manage without them we should. Having said that there are still some interesting calls, Sarries will be fresh & well rested having not had a game last week but maybe they will be short of match fitness and our bench could make a big difference.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:08 pm Just seen this on Twitter, can't read the detail as behind a paywall, but am hopeful it may be the end of him in club rugby

Almost certainly, nearly, if not, done.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:08 pm Just seen this on Twitter, can't read the detail as behind a paywall, but am hopeful it may be the end of him in club rugby

Try this

http://news.sky.com/story/english-rugby ... l-12423208

And it isn't the end of him :smt011
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Try this

Rare picture of Chuter in a non Tigers shirt in the Sky Article.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Like others I’m surprised at the squad selected and some known good performers are indeed missing
That said we don’t see the players day to day, who has performed well in training nor know who’s fit and who’s not
Borthwick must have his reasons and we can only have faith in him as most of have done so far and been more than satisfied
COYT
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Sarries have gone full strength because they are hoping to challenge for the league and when you travel to top of the league that's what you do.

Yes they out played Bristol but as we've seen since, Bristol don't seem all that so far this season.

Sarries rested their entire team last week, they're not going to have fully shaken off the rust. I fully believe we can do this, if we're close when we unload the bench I think we can close it out.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Try this

Certainly not while his family have a grip on the club. And, yet again, no mention of the fact that the points deduction was taken in preference to a historic investigation of their books.

Anyway, back to the match. Like others here, I'm intrigued by the selection choices, but I feel I should show faith in The Dark Lord and his (evil or otherwise) masterplan.

IBWT
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27 pm What are people’s thoughts on the Lions players playing? It seems to me that players want to have their cake and eat it- demanding more rest but suddenly they don’t want to rest they want to play? I know Farrell has hardly played this year but it must make the job of a RPA very difficult when negotiating.
Were the players demanding more rest ?
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:01 am
Tigers86asw wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:27 pm What are people’s thoughts on the Lions players playing? It seems to me that players want to have their cake and eat it- demanding more rest but suddenly they don’t want to rest they want to play? I know Farrell has hardly played this year but it must make the job of a RPA very difficult when negotiating.
Were the players demanding more rest ?
That’s been the argument from the RPA for a long time, and I agree with them, but it obviously changes when it means that they are losing money.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

As expected going to be a wash out.. forward dominance will be key, keeping the penalty count down and having 2 kicking options in the backs will be a great call. Our bench could be key but we need to ensure we keep in touch as on paper Sarries have the stronger starting XV imho but our 'finishers' look like they could add considerable impact around the 50 minute mark
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:37 am As expected going to be a wash out.. forward dominance will be key, keeping the penalty count down and having 2 kicking options in the backs will be a great call. Our bench could be key but we need to ensure we keep in touch as on paper Sarries have the stronger starting XV imho but our 'finishers' look like they could add considerable impact around the 50 minute mark
Plus another kicking option on the bench, who may come on in the centres