13 team league

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

13 team league

Post by WirralExile »

So, the 13 team league has, as been mentioned before, one team each week without a game. Unless I'm mistaken, this weekend it was Saracens, who we are up against next week, who had the weekend off. We've had 2 good games so far, and coming away from Gloucester and the hostile Shed with 5 points is something us fans have been wanting to see for a few seasons.
The squad has really gelled and even though Sarries have had a week off, I'm optimistic about next Saturday.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: 13 team league

Post by Old Hob »

I've been pondering the effects of this and believe that it may be most valuable at the end of the season when teams have tired and injured players and least valuable now when teams need to remove the rust.

I think ours is 27th November
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

so eventually are they going to relegate 2 teams and promote one or just relegate with no promotion to get back to 12 or expand to 14?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

I believe the intention is to expand to 14 but I'm not sure whether this is yet a done deal.

Having a rest week will have more benefit later in the season but it will mean we face a very fresh team at the weekend. I have no idea how the order of the rest weeks was decided (by draw?).
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Noggs wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:49 pm I believe the intention is to expand to 14 but I'm not sure whether this is yet a done deal.

Having a rest week will have more benefit later in the season but it will mean we face a very fresh team at the weekend. I have no idea how the order of the rest weeks was decided (by draw?).
And perhaps, because of our league position, perceived as a threat? If so, expect a fierce game.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Noggs wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:49 pm I believe the intention is to expand to 14 but I'm not sure whether this is yet a done deal.

And perhaps, because of our league position, perceived as a threat? If so, expect a fierce game.
Fresh opponents? Or undercooked ones?! Take your pick….
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Harlequins senior coach Tabai Matson told BBC Radio London:

"This bye week, even though it's only round three, has been really useful for us.

"It's allowed us to recalibrate and refocus on a couple of areas we've needed to get right over the next five games.

"If they come a bit later in the year, then you're purely just resting tired bodies.

"We had the England camp last week too so it didn't really affect us too much.

"We need to make sure we're really mindful when players come back from England duty that we don't overwork them too much, but it also opens doors for younger guys."