Exeter's woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter's woes

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Some more info on the sponsorship, we'll, I say more - a tad more: https://www.cityam.com/exeter-chiefs-re ... ony-rowe/
AaronSeN

-

Post by AaronSeN »

I agree - Twitter is definitely the most effective way of getting GA to respond in my experience. Their social media team seem well trained at dealing with issues like this. The fact that your request - and their response to it - is then being viewed by all of their followers probably helps.
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Sorry for being a dinosaur but who or what is GA ?
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Coops wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:49 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 pm Interesting to read on the Exeter unofficial forum that fans are talking about there's no fun any more and they have not renewed their season tickets................after only two games.
Just had a look at some comments following their game vs Saints:
I have waited a couple of hours after the final whistle to post.

IMO the players have been coached in our one game plan they are unable to play what’s in front of them, and this is squarely the fault of the coaches. We are unable to adapt to what’s happening on the pitch.

We promote coaches from within the club (ex players) who have also been coached this way and can not see other options. We should be looking for coaches from outside the club who can bring a different perspective to the team, for example Rugby league coach.

Today’s performance was not a shock to anyone today, and this season will be a hard one for the club. I thought the forwards today played well, but what has disappointed me is the backs play. In the last couple of games we have been near full strength in the backs, but there has been no cutting edge or threat to the opposition. The whole team looked very slow getting into the defensive line and Northampton where already set ready to defend for 2-3 seconds before we got the ball out to the backs in attack.

A very bad day at the office and I can’t see it improving
Sounds a little familiar.
Lifted from our forum? Around 2015?!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

" The wheel is come full circle"
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

The hardest thing in sport is staying at the top consistently.

Tigers are probably the only team to have done this for a long period of time - 10 finals in a row plus the early 2000s successes. Wasps had a good run (3 seasons?), and Quins and Sale have had one-off years. Exeter have spent a long time getting to the top and they are now realizing how hard it is to try and stay there.
Mayocaz
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Mayocaz »

I’ve always assumed the salary cap will ensure that the dominant sides will forever be changing. Surely after a few seasons of winning trophies the salary cap makes it impossible for the team that have been winning to either improve or even keep the same level of squad, as the success they’ve achieved will have resulted in hefty pay rises to their present squad. Obviously this didn’t apply to Saracens!

Since the 1990s only four of the clubs in the premiership have failed to win the title and two of these have at least reached a final and one of them lost a home semi to get to the final. I feel that Exeter will have a tough few seasons coming their way as have plenty of other successful clubs, including us.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:07 pm Interesting to read on the Exeter unofficial forum that fans are talking about there's no fun any more and they have not renewed their season tickets................after only two games.
I was noting the straws in the wind last season on this forum, although the stirrings were there the season before. My siblings were season ticket holders, not this year (for non-rugby reasons) but there have been rumblings. A poster on here dismissed disdainfully my comments - which were actually my sibs - about the influence of the 'new money' at Chiefs. Rowe is neither a well man, nor a nice one, and I would not be surprised to see some form of soft takeover despite his succession plans. Baxter is not going anywhere unless forced out BTW.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Teams have their natural progression in terms of development, reaching a peak and then declining as the key players get older, lost to international duty or to other sides with the space within the cap to pay more.

The cap make it harder to hold on to your key players even if you have the funding.

The opposition start to work out how to combat the teams strategy, their weaknesses and avoiding their strengths.

Refreshing the team means taking a step back in terms of performance. It takes time for the new key players to bed in and the new game plans to work.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

The post by jgriffin states that Rowe is not a well man or a nice man, not a nice statement, how do you know, have you met him?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm The post by jgriffin states that Rowe is not a well man or a nice man, not a nice statement, how do you know, have you met him?
His infirmity is public knowledge having been in the paper, in the last two years and particularly when reporting on the development to the east of the stadium heights. I am acquainted with people who have worked there, via my siblings and in person. Baxter, au contraire, is admired as a great bloke.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Away from the field of play - where incidentally, Exeter now sit third in the Gallagher Premiership Table , despite their 'woes' - it would appear that the issue of branding could be up for discussion :

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... we-6067709
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

On the topic of Chiefs image, what happened to the thread about Rugby Tonight?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Snowdrop wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 pm On the topic of Chiefs image, what happened to the thread about Rugby Tonight?
Been moved to the Welford Road chit chat page mate
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

The National Congress of American Indians have their say :

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/exeter-chie ... ans-299285

Food for thought and a salutary lesson for marketing men here ...at the time I bet it all seemed so simple and straight forward...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....