Eddie's Possible Replacement : A List From 'The Ruck'

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Eddie's Possible Replacement : A List From 'The Ruck'

Post by kk20gb30 »

Best brace yourself for this one ........

https://www.ruck.co.uk/5-possible-eddie ... irms-exit/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Eddie's Possible Replacement : A List From 'The Ruck'

Post by sam16111986 »

I can't see Manu of those being viable options.

5. Andy Farrell - underwhelming for Ireland and wasn't particularly popular when he was on the England coaching staff.
4. Robertson - he would be a good call in the opinion of most but his lack of international management and the likelihood is someone will offer him a long term job in the next two years on big money.
3. Baxter - turned it down before to stay in Devon will probably do so again.
2. Erasmus - can't see him leaving a cushy job in SA and his antics on the summer tour are not going to be viewed particularly well by the blazer brigade running the RFU.
1. Gatland - despised by England fans and not that popular in some areas following his Lions management. I can see the RFU being interested but also not going for such an expensive and polarising option.

Personally I think they'll select someone already in or around the system, a Cockerill, Borthwick or O'Shea. Maybe bring back Mitchell for the top job. That or go for someone that has elevated a smaller tier 2 country to challenge the big guns ala Eddie with Japan.

I suppose a lot will depend on how the next world cup goes. If it is a Lancaster style disaster then those connected to the regime will be in the firing line. If it's a success then continuity of a degree may well be looked well upon.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Eddie's Possible Replacement : A List From 'The Ruck'

Post by mol2 »

I suspect it will be Baxter.
I think/hope it is too soon for Borthwick.
Not convinced Gatland would be popular but his face fits with the 57 old...
Don't see Andy Farrell getting the job although the League obsession is still there at the RFU.

I doubt Erasmus is in the running.
The Kiwi again is too unknown at the top level.

Left field possibility Sean Edwards?