Round 2 other matches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Round 2 other matches

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Is anyone watching the Wasps Bristol game.. few big calls. Firstly the disallowed Bristol try for a player being held off the ball who might have been able to make a tackle (very similar to the Ford incident although maybe this one was a little more clear cut). Not sure if it's Wasps playing well but Bristol look thoroughly average today. Looking like they will be on 0 after 2 rounds!

Some close games elsewhere:

Exeter 24 Saints 23
Quins 28 Worcester 24

and then not so close Bath 3 Newcastle 20
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Round 2 other matches

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

FT Exeter 24 Saints 26

So after 2 rounds we are on 10 points and Exeter have 1 point and Bristol have 0 points.. funny old game!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:54 pm FT Exeter 24 Saints 26

So after 2 rounds we are on 10 points and Exeter have 1 point and Bristol have 0 points.. funny old game!
Indeed, makes a change to be laughing :smt023 :smt044
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bristol bottom, Exeter 2nd bottom, not many would have called that just over a week ago...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, yes we’ve had two good wins, but when all the other teams get a few games under their belts I’m sure there will be a few surprise results.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

True..... When are the Lions contingent cdue back?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:55 pm True..... When are the Lions contingent cdue back?
Not sure, however worth remembering other sides.... ?Tigers?.... have players missing too!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Today Saints was missing their two biggest earners.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Looking at this season's teams any team missing more players than the team they are playing will struggle. Exeter are now finding out what it’s like to have to play with key players missing.
Newcastle have some exciting players and could be a handful all season if they stay injury free.
Saints should have got in the top 4 last season but had a few injury problems in the last few games.
Wasps look to have one of the strongest squads so their win was very good today with quite a few players missing.
Sarries game will be very interesting next week as I doubt if we will get many scoring opportunities so our defence has to be the best yet!
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I’m really confused as to how Karl Dickson went to the TMO to check a Bristol try, found a penalty infingement, sent the Wasps player off but didn’t award the penalty try to Bristol. Was I missing something?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Bristol without Malins and Earl look average.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

dunc wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:23 pm I’m really confused as to how Karl Dickson went to the TMO to check a Bristol try, found a penalty infingement, sent the Wasps player off but didn’t award the penalty try to Bristol. Was I missing something?
No you weren't.

Just another confirmation (if one were needed) that Dickson is not competent enough to ref at Premiership (or any other?) level.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 am
dunc wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:23 pm I’m really confused as to how Karl Dickson went to the TMO to check a Bristol try, found a penalty infingement, sent the Wasps player off but didn’t award the penalty try to Bristol. Was I missing something?
No you weren't.

Just another confirmation (if one were needed) that Dickson is not competent enough to ref at Premiership (or any other?) level.
The TMO had spotted an infringement in the build up so they went back for that. There were other players covering back hence just a penalty and no penalty try
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Shame we couldn't keep White.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:52 pm Shame we couldn't keep White.
Why?
First half LI were reminiscent of the old Leicester at the breakdown.
It's hard enough to generate time and space to attack anyway without wasting more by looking to the ref to ensure perfectly clean ball at every other breakdown.