Post by northerntiger »

Terrible choice of wine! Fluffy and reminiscent of bubblegum
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers @ Gloucester - Friday 24th September 2021 - 1945

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Looking forward to the game!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

northerntiger wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm Terrible choice of wine! Fluffy and reminiscent of bubblegum
The bubblegum flavour is likely caused by the process of carbonic maceration that is widely used in Beaujolais.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

northerntiger wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm Terrible choice of wine! Fluffy and reminiscent of bubblegum
Not the Fleurie I’ve known over the years!
Semper in excretia
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Never had a bad one :smt030 :smt030 :smt030
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

We should win this with 5 points

BUT Surprisingly nervous about this one. I guess I have a combination of false dawn fatigue and having seen Tigers get some firm beatings at Kingsholm regardless of Glaws form. This is one place the crowd makes a big difference (which is credit to their fans). Glaws didn’t look as bad as some people infer last week and we did have the “rub of the green” at times last week. They still have some dangerous players including Ed Slater back.

So pessimistically optimistic!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I prefer a nice Malbec myself, especially with my Friday steak and chips night. Nothing better…
If we play to our potential like Saturday this is a tigers win no doubt. Silence the crowd first and foremost. Don’t let the shed get up ahead of steam and start to get at our players. Although I do love standing in the shed on game night. Always great banter.
I think we win this upfront looking at the teams. Earn the right to play and stop their backs having any room to breathe. I think the back row is designed for that with Raffael looking to jackal and slow them down.
Glad there have been minimal changes to the team. Continuity is important I think.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:40 am
Not the Fleurie I’ve known over the years!
Completely agree. I've never had a bad Beaujolais in France and have never had a good one in UK. I often think that vinyards just send their rests to the UK! To be fair, I have barely been in the UK in the last 20 years, so that might not be fair. I'd be tempted to go a little further south though and drink those from Brouilly instead.

Anyway, I hope we play like we did last week, stuff Glaws in front of the shed, and just as importantly do not suffer any injuries on their plaggy pitch.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

You can get some great wines in the UK these days including Brouilly which I also enjoy, along with many other wines from around Europe. There was indeed a time when we tended to get the rubbish but the UK market has matured.

It will ne a tough game tonight but we can win it even in front of the shed. Looking forward to it. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:17 am I prefer a nice Malbec myself, especially with my Friday steak and chips night. Nothing better…
If we play to our potential like Saturday this is a tigers win no doubt. Silence the crowd first and foremost. Don’t let the shed get up ahead of steam and start to get at our players. Although I do love standing in the shed on game night. Always great banter.
I think we win this upfront looking at the teams. Earn the right to play and stop their backs having any room to breathe. I think the back row is designed for that with Raffael looking to jackal and slow them down.
Glad there have been minimal changes to the team. Continuity is important I think.
I tried this Malbec wine case a few weeks ago, there are some stonking wines in here.

https://www.handpickedwinebox.com/produ ... wine-case/
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

I’m not surprised the red wine lovers are also the posters with the more balanced and sophisticated views.

I’m a Bordeaux man thru and thru tho here in UAE am forced to quaff something pretty average and pricey stuff. All in the aim of a retirement in France where things will be a lot more enjoyable.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Goshengareth wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:07 pm I’m not surprised the red wine lovers are also the posters with the more balanced and sophisticated views.

I’m a Bordeaux man thru and thru tho here in UAE am forced to quaff something pretty average and pricey stuff. All in the aim of a retirement in France where things will be a lot more enjoyable.
Exactement!!!
Semper in excretia
Fish8ter

Post by Fish8ter »

As an exile in Gloucester, married into a Glaws rugby mad family, this game is a biggie for me!

Last week was a huge step forward, not just the result, but more importantly the style of play. We need a big opening 20 minutes, as the Gloucester fans are pessimistic with the recent outgoings and while they won't turn on their beloved 'Cherry & Whites', we could quieten them down.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:35 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:07 pm I’m not surprised the red wine lovers are also the posters with the more balanced and sophisticated views.

Exactement!!!
Yes this is a game we must win and I really believe we have the team and the youth + experience to show Glous. the reborn Tigers.

However if you are discussing wine not Whine then I recall an incident at Buckfast Abbey where the Abbot declared there was a case of syphilis in the Abbey. Thank goodness was the response we are sick of this Beaujolais rubbish ! :smt030
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

wormus wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Exactement!!!
Yes this is a game we must win and I really believe we have the team and the youth + experience to show Glous. the reborn Tigers.

However if you are discussing wine not Whine then I recall an incident at Buckfast Abbey where the Abbot declared there was a case of syphilis in the Abbey. Thank goodness was the response we are sick of this Beaujolais rubbish ! :smt030
:smt005
Semper in excretia