Supporters buses - Home games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

lind

Supporters buses - Home games

Post by lind »

It said in the match program that the timetables etc for the T 1,2,4 and 7 buses on match days i.e from Loughborough etc were to be found on the Tigers website under TICKETS. Does anyone know how to access this information as every thing I clicked on told me nothing about the buses😂. I gave up in the end
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Supporters buses

Post by ay2oh »

I got the Loughborough bus from Rothley at 1.54 pm which arrived at the ground at 2.25. Go to Tickets, then Tigers match day bus services for Saturday, then scroll to buy match day buses. Then to routes/timetables.
A2O
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
lind

Post by lind »

Thanks all. This is really helpful. I don't know why I missed this!?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Supporters buses - Home games

Post by ay2oh »

Tigers bus was 15 minutes late arriving in Rothley on Saturday so nearly missed the Kevin Sinfield tribute
A2O
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Tigers bus didn’t turn up last week for the quins game so us two plus about 10 others were stuck in Rothley wondering what was happening. Tried phoning the Tigers but no response so around 3.20 decided to get an Huber with two other fans. Got to the ground at 3.45 but don’t know what the other fans at the bus stop did. Phoned the Tigers on Tuesday to arrange a refund of our £20 but they still didn’t know why the bus didn’t turn up. Don’t know if we’ll bother with the bus any more as price as gone up from £6 each to £10 each and especially if you can’t rely on it.
A2O
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Tigers match day bus

Post by ay2oh »

I sometimes get the Loughborough bus when I think that there may be trouble parking near the ground. For the Harlequins game the bus was supposed to arrive at Rothley at 14.54 and drop us off on Tigers way at 15.30. I waited until 15.20 but the bus did not turn so there were about 10 of us who had to make alternative arrangements to get to the ground. Us 2 and another 2 supporters got an Uber which cost £20.
I contacted the club the following Monday to explain the situation and to arrange a refund but am still awaiting an explanation as to why the bus didn’t turn up. The price of the bus is now £12 each (was £6 each last season). Bearing in mind that the supporters catching the bus at Loughborough, Quorn, Mountsorrel and Birstall would also have had to make other arrangements at very short notice the bus company have done themselves no favours. Just a heads up if anyone was considering this next season.
A2O
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I've just booked some tickets on the Oakham bus for this Saturday's match. What I noticed though was that there doesn't appear to be any buses running on the Market Harborough route this season. I used to catch that bus from Fleckney with my partner last few seasons so if it's not running that will be a bit of a pain.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
AnneM

Post by AnneM »

I believe the same thing is happening with the bus from Loughborough via Rothley. The bus for this weeks game against Newcastle has been cancelled, that makes two out of the last three games. What is happening? Will the buses stop altogether and when will we, the paying passengers, know?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

This is rubbish to hear.

Either do it well or don't bother.

And I don't like to be critical of the club that clearly does a lot of stuff well.
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

I rang the office today and the T1 Mkt Harbrough coach has been cancelled through lack of support, please try and support it for the Quins match it is a case of use it or lose it
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Hi, with train strikes looming, I’m thinking of getting coach from Loughborough for Newc came - will it be returning after the mens game finishes, what is postcode for the pick up on Radmoor Road and what’s parking like around it please?