Grayson on May

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BengalTiger

Grayson on May

Post by BengalTiger »

Why was the post score assault on May in the Northampton match not a red card, very weak refereeing.
These cheap shots are a stain on the game and need eliminating, IMHO
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Grayson on May

Post by sam16111986 »

Got the footage?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What's this?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

James Grayson got a yellow for sliding in and dropping his shoulder into Jonny May's back after he'd scored, personally think if WR is all about player welfare as they try to make out they would have made this a red card offence a while back
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pm James Grayson got a yellow for sliding in and dropping his shoulder into Jonny May's back after he'd scored, personally think if WR is all about player welfare as they try to make out they would have made this a red card offence a while back
It is on the Premiership rugby highlights reel, it is a cheap shot and has no place in the game, no need for further regulation, just refs with a spine!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hmm you do see a lot of players not bothering to pull out and sliding into the player scoring the try, normally ins one vague hope of forcing a knock on. This was however, just a cheap shot. Tuck arm, shoulder straight into the lower back/kidney area. Yeah nasty.

By the letter of the law a no arm tackle to the body is normally a yellow so that's consistent from the ref. For red it would have had to be considered to be very reckless or to have targeted the head area. Having said that if they ref had gone red I don't think there would have been much complaint.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:09 pm Hmm you do see a lot of players not bothering to pull out and sliding into the player scoring the try, normally ins one vague hope of forcing a knock on. This was however, just a cheap shot. Tuck arm, shoulder straight into the lower back/kidney area. Yeah nasty.

By the letter of the law a no arm tackle to the body is normally a yellow so that's consistent from the ref. For red it would have had to be considered to be very reckless or to have targeted the head area. Having said that if they ref had gone red I don't think there would have been much complaint.
Instantaneous double yellow maybe, one for the no arms and one for the after the whistle? I have a vague memory somewhere of somebody getting two yellows in one go once but it may have been a fever dream...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere