We are BACK! Week 1 match thread - 2021/2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: We are BACK! Week 1 match thread - 2021/2022

Post by Dokie »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:03 pm Joe Browning is supposed to be pretty fast isn't he?
Having watched him play for Nottingham, he’s way off premiership level.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Struggling to find tomorrow’s highlights show on terrestrial TV. I’m sure it used to be on Monday night Channel 5 at 8 or 9 o’clock. Has it moved? And if so anyone know? Thanks!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 pm Struggling to find tomorrow’s highlights show on terrestrial TV. I’m sure it used to be on Monday night Channel 5 at 8 or 9 o’clock. Has it moved? And if so anyone know? Thanks!
No highlights show this year apparently
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:20 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 pm Struggling to find tomorrow’s highlights show on terrestrial TV. I’m sure it used to be on Monday night Channel 5 at 8 or 9 o’clock. Has it moved? And if so anyone know? Thanks!
Oh,thanks 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:26 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:20 pm
Oh,thanks 👍
Flats said the regular team are still wanting to do it but not agreement between Prem Rugby and Channel 5 anymore, I guess there's a small chance somebody else could pick it up at short notice
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

This is the Premiership spin about the highlights

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/t ... rugby-fans

Potential new fans to rugby will not trip over this channel flicking and decide to make it a regular watch and build an interest. I chose not to spend money on BT sport when money was short in the past. I spent money going down to Tigers to watch occasional live games instead and I would -potentially have been less engaged now without highlights shows on terrestrial TV.

Also clicking on lots of short highlights is not as engaging as a properly curated programme. it will be interesting to see how Flats’s online program goes.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Offside wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 pm This is the Premiership spin about the highlights

Potential new fans to rugby will not trip over this channel flicking and decide to make it a regular watch and build an interest. I chose not to spend money on BT sport when money was short in the past. I spent money going down to Tigers to watch occasional live games instead and I would -potentially have been less engaged now without highlights shows on terrestrial TV.

Also clicking on lots of short highlights is not as engaging as a properly curated programme. it will be interesting to see how Flats’s online program goes.
BT did a very brief highlights of each match played during their warm up to the Newcastle game this afternoon.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:32 pm
Offside wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:56 pm This is the Premiership spin about the highlights

BT did a very brief highlights of each match played during their warm up to the Newcastle game this afternoon.
It’s not terrestrial though - rugby making the same mistake as cricket
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

For those that don't know, or have forgotten, all the games are available in full on the Premiership Rugby website and app. It used to be that all the games would be uploaded the following Tuesday, but the games were all available the next day this Friday/weekend.

It's not a replacement for terrestrial TV highlights or BT showing all the games live, but it's making do with what we have.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

LekkerTigers wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:26 am For those that don't know, or have forgotten, all the games are available in full on the Premiership Rugby website and app. It used to be that all the games would be uploaded the following Tuesday, but the games were all available the next day this Friday/weekend.

It's not a replacement for terrestrial TV highlights or BT showing all the games live, but it's making do with what we have.
True, interestingly our match replay appeared Sat night, dissappeared at some point Sun, and then had reappeared by this morning.

So I wonder if someone overeager put it on TOO soon, in that it meant that they were stepping on BT's exclusivity timeframe...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
DougalLG

Post by DougalLG »

Long time listener, First time caller
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

DougalLG wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:02 am Wiese cited 🧐

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/no-8-jas ... -incident/
And rightly so,Tiger or not!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Real shame about the C5 highlights programme which above all had good banter and analysis with Flats and Durds.

Not sure the new PRTV version will be as much fun but I guess it will be functional.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

DougalLG wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:02 am Wiese cited 🧐

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/no-8-jas ... -incident/
Can see Wiese getting a lengthy bang for what he did, player on the floor, blind to him coming in and contact to the head, another rush of blood moment for him!!