Tigers vs Exeter - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 1500

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers vs Exeter - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 1500

Post by Tigerbeat »

It may be in place until all teams have met the target….and this is believed to be near done by a few weeks time….the Restrictions are in place at all grounds I understand.
Possible that it could be removed for the Saracens game, but if not then certainly expect it for the following home game.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Voyager1
Tiger Cub

Post by Voyager1 »

Regarding missing players. If you notice it’s only the media bunnies that make it into a big issue. I didn’t hear it once from either of the coaches. Rob Baxter and Borthwick are both consummate professionals who’s philosophy is you play who is available against a team that is front of you.

There are no excuses in this game, as Richard Cockerel used to say “it is what it is, you just have to deal with it”
What noise annoys an oyster
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Voyager1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:25 pm Regarding missing players. If you notice it’s only the media bunnies that make it into a big issue. I didn’t hear it once from either of the coaches. Rob Baxter and Borthwick are both consummate professionals who’s philosophy is you play who is available against a team that is front of you.

There are no excuses in this game, as Richard Cockerel used to say “it is what it is, you just have to deal with it”
Agree, I also saw a very gracious poat from Exeter on their Twitter feed congratulating us on the victory.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm
Voyager1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:25 pm Regarding missing players. If you notice it’s only the media bunnies that make it into a big issue. I didn’t hear it once from either of the coaches. Rob Baxter and Borthwick are both consummate professionals who’s philosophy is you play who is available against a team that is front of you.

Agree, I also saw a very gracious poat from Exeter on their Twitter feed congratulating us on the victory.
Borthwick acknowledged Exeter weren't at full strength and Baxter admitted we were the better side and deserved the victory. As you say, it's only the media spinning it and constantly reminding us that Exeter was well below full strength. Personally, I don't care. We've lost to Exeter when they've been below strength plenty of times and lost the previous 7 H2H matches. Enjoy the win, build on the solid foundations and learn from the mistakes.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am
wormus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:17 am I found it very frustrating that Tigers supporters in the Crumbie had to suffer the closure of the ABC bar and lounge & adjacent toilets with no access through the tunnel ~ barriers and restrictions in the terrace and stand entirely due to Exeter players and staff falling below the 85% threshold on vaccinations and even England players not bothering to vaccinate.
I was reliably informed that Tigers met the threshold. I find this unbelievable when we have lost so many with Covid. :smt013 :smt010
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... axter.html
They are elite sportsman who have an incredibly tiny chance of becoming ill and as the vaccines don't prevent transmission they are well within their rights to respectfully decline
More salient is the fact that Premiership Rugby insist on the covid red zone to protect the unvaccinated Exeter players yet supporters have a greater chance are left to fend for themselves by voting with their feet.
Did anyone notice at the end of the Quins game, Danny Care was having selfies with his arms around fans over the barrier up at Newcastle? How does this fit with the Covid rules?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

If a team is unable to fulfill a fixture due to Covid the award of points could depend on compliance to the precautions recommended to restrict the spread of the disease, pictures of players in close contact with fans will no doubt attach blame to the offending players and could result in no points being awarded.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

johnthegriff wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:14 am If a team is unable to fulfill a fixture due to Covid the award of points could depend on compliance to the precautions recommended to restrict the spread of the disease, pictures of players in close contact with fans will no doubt attach blame to the offending players and could result in no points being awarded.
That’s a very good point!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I enjoyed watching the match and the result.
Leicester kept the intensity going longer than last season.
It's a long season though.
Some talk about the strength of the two teams affected by those absent but that is one reason why they have play offs, on another day it is someone else affected.
Baxter made no excuses.
I reckon there were a few too many penalties that another side on another day and with another ref might get punished more, so will not get carried away at one result either way.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:45 pm
sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am
They are elite sportsman who have an incredibly tiny chance of becoming ill and as the vaccines don't prevent transmission they are well within their rights to respectfully decline
More salient is the fact that Premiership Rugby insist on the covid red zone to protect the unvaccinated Exeter players yet supporters have a greater chance are left to fend for themselves by voting with their feet.
Did anyone notice at the end of the Quins game, Danny Care was having selfies with his arms around fans over the barrier up at Newcastle? How does this fit with the Covid rules?
Did anyone else notice Nemani with his partner and baby having pictures taken (after the Exeter game). Didnt notice quite how close the fans got other than to within a metre as it was a fleeting imag3.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Seems Tony Rowe doesnt like the press

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/clu ... ptember-22
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

And they don't like him, by the sound of it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

dunks43 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:34 pm Seems Tony Rowe doesnt like the press

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/clu ... ptember-22
Some of the sponsors definitely don't like repeatedly being tagged in posts on social media about racism...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.