Tigers vs Exeter - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 1500

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Exeter - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 1500

Post by markharbtiger »

From a number of media accounts of this game, Exeter had a number of key players missing but there was little mention of those unavailable to us through either being on international duty with SA/Argentina or through injury... :smt013
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I found it very frustrating that Tigers supporters in the Crumbie had to suffer the closure of the ABC bar and lounge & adjacent toilets with no access through the tunnel ~ barriers and restrictions in the terrace and stand entirely due to Exeter players and staff falling below the 85% threshold on vaccinations and even England players not bothering to vaccinate.
I was reliably informed that Tigers met the threshold. I find this unbelievable when we have lost so many with Covid. :smt013 :smt010
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... axter.html
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:07 am From a number of media accounts of this game, Exeter had a number of key players missing but there was little mention of those unavailable to us through either being on international duty with SA/Argentina or through injury... :smt013
Exactly. Very annoying.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:41 pm Can anyone tell me what our red zone strike rate was like? Only watched the highlights but looked very good on there,that was our biggest problem last season imo.
If I remember correctly, I believe it was shown to be 4.43 compared to Exeter 1.73?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bunchy wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:05 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:56 pm Top Chiefs 15,even missing their players. But we have the stronger bench,with their backline though still favourites for me,Chiefs by 11-20.
This didnt age well !!!
And?! Already made a joke out of it and admitted my mistakes. Unlucky though for trying to belittle someone,crack on with your day 😂 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wormus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:17 am I found it very frustrating that Tigers supporters in the Crumbie had to suffer the closure of the ABC bar and lounge & adjacent toilets with no access through the tunnel ~ barriers and restrictions in the terrace and stand entirely due to Exeter players and staff falling below the 85% threshold on vaccinations and even England players not bothering to vaccinate.
I was reliably informed that Tigers met the threshold. I find this unbelievable when we have lost so many with Covid. :smt013 :smt010
They are elite sportsman who have an incredibly tiny chance of becoming ill and as the vaccines don't prevent transmission they are well within their rights to respectfully decline.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

A great and enjoyable game of rugby and whilst Temps did make some mistakes I thought he had one of his better games, particularly when I saw the game on TV later. The officials dialogue is always enlightening.

On balance we may have got a little more rub than Exeter but the win was well deserved with the forward giving great front foot ball for the back to work with and a great defensive performance. I don't think I've seen the Chiefs sat down so many times in a game for an age.

On a separate note it was disappointing to see so few supporters wearing face masks when moving around the stadium. Whilst not compulsory the pandemic is not over and we should all remember this and use our best endeavours to minimise risk where we can. Common sense really :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I was disappointed by the club's lack of communication around the Red Zone, and as to what it actually entailed. Obviously understand teething issues given it's the biggest crowd at Welford Road since February 2020 but it would have been so much easier if the club had provided much clearer information or a diagram as to how much of the Crumbie stand would be cordoned off rather than trying to guess as to who would be affected and emailed as such.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am
wormus wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:17 am I found it very frustrating that Tigers supporters in the Crumbie had to suffer the closure of the ABC bar and lounge & adjacent toilets with no access through the tunnel ~ barriers and restrictions in the terrace and stand entirely due to Exeter players and staff falling below the 85% threshold on vaccinations and even England players not bothering to vaccinate.
They are elite sportsman who have an incredibly tiny chance of becoming ill and as the vaccines don't prevent transmission they are well within their rights to respectfully decline
More salient is the fact that Premiership Rugby insist on the covid red zone to protect the unvaccinated Exeter players yet supporters have a greater chance are left to fend for themselves by voting with their feet.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

My understanding is that Exeter are the only Premiership team not to meet the vaccination criteria recommended so the problem may be eased for future home games.
Scott of course is right, they are elite sportsmen, this unfortunately is no guarantee that they will not become ill. Of course vaccination does not prevent you being a carrier of the disease and passing it on to others but we all have a responsibility to do what we can to lessen the danger, and failure to conform to the rules does have an effect on others. Personally I had the second of my vaccinations in March, this did not prevent me getting Covid and preventing me from going to Jersey. I was pretty ill but did not require hospitalisation, I am certain that at my age and vulnerability that were it not for the vaccination I would have had the disease much more severely.
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, I thought the ref pretty fair, of course I wondered about some decisions as always and I cannot understand how the touch judge failed to see Hodge clearly put his foot on the line before gaining ground that led to Exeters last try. We defended magnificently but the penalty count was high, too high, something for the coaches to work on this week.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am
They are elite sportsman who have an incredibly tiny chance of becoming ill and as the vaccines don't prevent transmission they are well within their rights to respectfully decline
More salient is the fact that Premiership Rugby insist on the covid red zone to protect the unvaccinated Exeter players yet supporters have a greater chance are left to fend for themselves by voting with their feet.
The one thing that was required for access to the red zone was to have returned a negative Lateral Flow test on the day of the match, something which was not required by the fans in attendance.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:07 am From a number of media accounts of this game, Exeter had a number of key players missing but there was little mention of those unavailable to us through either being on international duty with SA/Argentina or through injury... :smt013
Even taking away the 4 Internationals on duty, we also had missing Youngs and Heyes who are both Internationals with nearly a combined total of 300 Tigers games. Charlie Clare who played 21 games for us last season.
Says a lot that Dolly played so well people didn't even mention he was our 4th choice Hooker.
We had a missing back row of Brink, Van Staden and Wiese. Wiese and Moroni was arguably our best Forward and Back last season.

The big thing about Exeter that always got mentioned was they were a team that was made to handle missing players they had this system that meant everyone knew their job. Now it's missing players.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:32 pm
Even taking away the 4 Internationals on duty, we also had missing Youngs and Heyes who are both Internationals with nearly a combined total of 300 Tigers games. Charlie Clare who played 21 games for us last season.
Says a lot that Dolly played so well people didn't even mention he was our 4th choice Hooker.
We had a missing back row of Brink, Van Staden and Wiese. Wiese and Moroni was arguably our best Forward and Back last season.

The big thing about Exeter that always got mentioned was they were a team that was made to handle missing players they had this system that meant everyone knew their job. Now it's missing players.
Given that the press are predominantly and repeatedly anti-Tigers it comes as no surprise to me that there was bias in the reporting of players missing from the squads.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The media are often annoying when looking for a story but the fact remains that we saw a great game where the best team on the day won convincingly. We can argue till the cows come home about missing players but this was only the first game of the season and time will tell what difference such missing players when back will make to performances.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
CrumbieGrumbler

Post by CrumbieGrumbler »

So would I be right in thinking that when a team that does meet the vaccination requirements visits (eg Saracens in a couple of weeks), the terrace will be open as normal?