Tigers vs Exeter - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 1500

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Exeter - Saturday 18th September 2021 - 1500

Post by CJ »

Those of us who sit in the middle of the Crumbie (by the press box and the away coaches) can’t sit there for this match and maybe not for ages yet as RFU covid rules say there has to be 2m distance between us and them. The club has been brilliant about it- they are making arrangements for us to move for as long as necessary and they organised a zoom call this evening to explain what was happening and why and to allow us to ask questions.

Those who are family groups or groups of friends will be moved together. I asked if I could have the same new seat for the duration and that will happen. Be warned - someone on the forum may get me sitting near you!

Can’t thank the club enough. Superb customer care.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I have had no notice of this and this is exactly where I sit. Reference, please.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

CJ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:06 pm Those of us who sit in the middle of the Crumbie (by the press box and the away coaches) can’t sit there for this match and maybe not for ages yet as RFU covid rules say there has to be 2m distance between us and them. The club has been brilliant about it- they are making arrangements for us to move for as long as necessary and they organised a zoom call this evening to explain what was happening and why and to allow us to ask questions.

Those who are family groups or groups of friends will be moved together. I asked if I could have the same new seat for the duration and that will happen. Be warned - someone on the forum may get me sitting near you!

Think yourself lucky to have got out of there. From a standing terrace perspective, the average comment from the Crumbie belies a total lack of understanding of anything rugby related.
Amongst the despondency, I’ll never forget how the Crumbie faithful made me smile when blaming the referee for the 0-43 score line against Glasgow. For me, it’s the part of our stadium that makes Gloucester’s Shed seem like a Mensa meeting!
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

But unlike some, the Crumbyites have a sense of humour!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Exeter - Sat 18 Sep 1500

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:40 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:25 am I'll go with a home loss
No LCD, J Hill and S Simmonds for Chiefs though. Unsure what their injury situation is either given their lack of pre season games. Could be a good chance to catch them cold and get us off to a flyer.
Last night has deflated me I'm afraid. Chiefs for one thing will know exactly what they are doing from 1-23 and I think they will just have too much for us in most aspects. Chiefs by 11-20.
I agree with you. The loss the other night did show up flaws, and was somewhat worrying. Exeter are the complete deal, and will win, I think. I don't like being negative, but feel Exeter will find our short comings and exploit them. Not a slaughter but solid win for them.
Please prove me wrong lads.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 pm
CJ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:06 pm Those of us who sit in the middle of the Crumbie (by the press box and the away coaches) can’t sit there for this match and maybe not for ages yet as RFU covid rules say there has to be 2m distance between us and them. The club has been brilliant about it- they are making arrangements for us to move for as long as necessary and they organised a zoom call this evening to explain what was happening and why and to allow us to ask questions.

Think yourself lucky to have got out of there. From a standing terrace perspective, the average comment from the Crumbie belies a total lack of understanding of anything rugby related.
Amongst the despondency, I’ll never forget how the Crumbie faithful made me smile when blaming the referee for the 0-43 score line against Glasgow. For me, it’s the part of our stadium that makes Gloucester’s Shed seem like a Mensa meeting!
:smt015 :smt015
Sure us Crumbie lot will say what we see through green-tinted spectacles most of the time but don’t insult our intelligence.

You quote that Glasgow game, for me the worst game I will ever attend at Welford Road in my lifetime. But at least the Crumbie faithful stayed for the full match, can’t say the same for other parts of the ground.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

This is what I like to see fan in-fighting before the first whistle is blown.

#tigersfamily lol
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Harry Wells back training.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

ourla wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:54 pm This is what I like to see fan in-fighting before the first whistle is blown.

#tigersfamily lol
Like all families, then :smt002
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Dokie, there's more loyalty on the Terrace and wooden seats than in any other stand. Hard-core supporters who even stay for the end of games.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:40 pm Dokie, there's more loyalty on the Terrace and wooden seats than in any other stand. Hard-core supporters who even stay for the end of games.
Including me!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Dokie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:40 pm Dokie, there's more loyalty on the Terrace and wooden seats than in any other stand. Hard-core supporters who even stay for the end of games.
Including me!
If you are on the terrace I doubt you hear the quieter remarks more than a few rows back. Some of us have played and seen a lot of rugby
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

parvacat wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:37 am But unlike some, the Crumbyites have a sense of humour!
Hear hear!
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but officiating team for Saturday:

Referee: Ian Tempest.
Assistant Referees: Greg Macdonald and Phil Watters.
TMO: Andrew Jackson.
Citing Officer: Budge Pountney.‌

Let’s all hope for a better game than the last one Tempest referred at WR…!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:22 am Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but officiating team for Saturday:

Referee: Ian Tempest.
Assistant Referees: Greg Macdonald and Phil Watters.
TMO: Andrew Jackson.
Citing Officer: Budge Pountney.‌

Let’s all hope for a better game than the last one Tempest referred at WR…!
Personally I hope the crowd is a bit forgiving to Tempest, okay maybe the odd pantomime boo for a laugh but on reflection there was little he could have done (except from giving us a penalty try :smt003) and how he handled both Tom Youngs' comments and the aftermath was professional and it was an application of common sense.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni