The Hundred X Rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Hundred X Rugby

Post by ads »

northerntiger wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 pm Also, rugby is so complex rules wise that it is only an enjoyable watch to those who have grown up with it, either playing, or in a family who played. I’ve watched games with friends who’ve been totally unmoved seeing two lines of blokes, ball thrown between them, big group of players all pushing, then they all fell over and the ref stuck his arm up. To a neutral, that is not thrilling
Yeah but football is the simplest of games to understand, and that just leaves me cold sometimes.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:49 pm Whether it’s cricket with the hundred, rugby with this nonsense or football with the European super league administrators seem to think that a new cash cow will solve the problems of a badly run game rather than dealing with the causes of their current problems.
Good post.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

northerntiger wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 pm Also, rugby is so complex rules wise that it is only an enjoyable watch to those who have grown up with it, either playing, or in a family who played. I’ve watched games with friends who’ve been totally unmoved seeing two lines of blokes, ball thrown between them, big group of players all pushing, then they all fell over and the ref stuck his arm up. To a neutral, that is not thrilling
With respect, I've taken several to Welford Rd for their first times and some are now as enraptured with the game and our club as I am. The key is to be open to explaining what's going on when asked and just showing your passion and enthusiasm for the game as both of these qualities are, in my experience, infectious.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Something of a 'body blow' for 'Rugby 12's' as World Rugby fails to sanction the tournament :

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... nd-leagues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59067701
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Good ,it can get in the bin...along with 7s! (Incoming) 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Nothing wrong with 7's it was always a good start to pre-season and a great end to a season with an opportunity for a :censored:-up. It is just a shame that someone started to take the game seriously, I am sure that was not behind the thinking at Melrose when they invented 7's rugby.