Tigers on loan 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by ABClub »

Ilione was definitely dual-reg with Notts last season but didn't feature due to the injury. I thought he was registered this season as well but might be wrong.

It would be good to get him Championship game time, though I certainly expect to see him in the PRC at least before the season is done.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerXV wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:15 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:48 pm
TigerXV wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:58 am

Ilione had a serious injury playing for England U20's last year - he's had a long recovery but is back playing now so wasn't loaned out due to rehab
I think point being made is that Lionel put in a motm performance for the u20s last week but isn’t in the squad this week
But they aren't any U20 fixtures this weekend and Ilione isn't registered with Nottingham so couldn't play?
No but a squad has been announced and he isn’t in it.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With him coming back from injury we honestly don't know how much training Ilione has had with Nottingham at all this year. Poulett is captaining Nottingham from 8 tonight the position Ilione played in the U20's.

Really wouldn't read too much into his not playing in a one off game tbh. He certainly will if he stays fit get a chance in the PRC

Can easily see us going with

Ilione 6
Robinson 7
Jansen 8

Agbongbon 20

In the PRC or a combination similar to that.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

See that our lone loanee this weekend did okay - Simmons, playing at 14, got a hat trick of tries for Jersey Reds away at Cov.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

MurphysLaw wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:45 am See that our lone loanee this weekend did okay - Simmons, playing at 14, got a hat trick of tries for Jersey Reds away at Cov.
If Kobus goes, Ashton stays, but no other wing/fullback incomings, he out of all the wingers we have out on loan (Aspland-Robinson and Olowafela being the others), is the only one I think we may consider keeping for a couple of reasons.

1. Borthwick's actually picked him a bit on the wing and fullback for us.

2. He does offer cover at scrum half. With an international scrum half, plus another EJ (or another coach may want a look at) we could be slender pickings on scrum halves, so whilst I can't see him picking him at 9 I can see him providing injury cover there on the bench.

3. He does have genuine pace

I will qualify this and say I still think he's more likely going than staying, but the other two have no chance of staying IMO.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:57 am
MurphysLaw wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:45 am See that our lone loanee this weekend did okay - Simmons, playing at 14, got a hat trick of tries for Jersey Reds away at Cov.
If Kobus goes, Ashton stays, but no other wing/fullback incomings, he out of all the wingers we have out on loan (Aspland-Robinson and Olowafela being the others), is the only one I think we may consider keeping for a couple of reasons.

1. Borthwick's actually picked him a bit on the wing and fullback for us.

2. He does offer cover at scrum half. With an international scrum half, plus another EJ (or another coach may want a look at) we could be slender pickings on scrum halves, so whilst I can't see him picking him at 9 I can see him providing injury cover there on the bench.
And he will also be relatively cheap with that versatility.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

When they just coming in senior ranks I always thought he looked better than White! And there is White playing reasonably well for Scotland and Simmons playing for Jersey. I think he was very unlucky with injury just at the wrong time. I would been keen to see what he looks like now, shame he couldn’t have played Prem cup
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nottingham v Bedford in the championship Cup
2. Archie Vanes
3, Dan Richardson
4. Lewis Chessum
8. Emeka Ilione
9. Sam Edwards
12. Jacob Cusick
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:45 pm Nottingham v Bedford in the championship Cup
2. Archie Vanes
3, Dan Richardson
4. Lewis Chessum
8. Emeka Ilione
9. Sam Edwards
12. Jacob Cusick
Interesting Richardson is playing Tighthead again. Wonder if he's being lined up as the Leatigaga/De Bruin type player to cover both sides
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:04 pm
RagingBull wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:45 pm Nottingham v Bedford in the championship Cup
2. Archie Vanes
3, Dan Richardson
4. Lewis Chessum
8. Emeka Ilione
9. Sam Edwards
12. Jacob Cusick
Interesting Richardson is playing Tighthead again. Wonder if he's being lined up as the Leatigaga/De Bruin type player to cover both sides
Could well be a bit of practice to keep those skills sharp. Very handy being able to cover both sides.

I presume Hurd is traveling to Clermont with the rest of the squad since Cole is probably not ready to return. Likely Genge, Heyes, Whitcombe and Leatigaga will be in the squad and Hurd the spare.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:40 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:04 pm
2. Archie Vanes
3, Dan Richardson
4. Lewis Chessum
8. Emeka Ilione
9. Sam Edwards
12. Jacob Cusick
Could well be a bit of practice to keep those skills sharp. Very handy being able to cover both sides.

I presume Hurd is traveling to Clermont with the rest of the squad since Cole is probably not ready to return. Likely Genge, Heyes, Whitcombe and Leatigaga will be in the squad and Hurd the spare.
Cole is back in contact training by the look of it, so may be ok for a bench spot, we'll find out soon...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ilione and Richardson both got sin binned in Nottingham's loss, not sure what for particularly, but did notice that Richardson's was past the 70th min so sounds like he put in a big shift...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/LboroRugby/status/1 ... 6c3-w&s=19

Rowntree & Law Start

Agbongbon & Smith bench
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

L'boro' students haven't had a very good season this year, trouble with student sides when a load of players leave I guess.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/CoventryRugby/statu ... x2oEw&s=19

https://twitter.com/jerseyrfc/status/15 ... I2U4w&s=19

Sam Aspland-Robinson is on the bench for Coventry & Harry Simmons is on the bench for Jersey (covering Scrum Half rather than back 3) for their cup semifinal