Tigers on loan 21/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:56 pm

Simmons starts 15 for Jersey tomorrow. Note all 3 of his starts for Jersey have come at 15, not 9, he hasn't played there for Jersey since the preaseason friendlies for them. Think it's safe to say he is now a back 3 player not a 9. At most he's likely to only be cover for 9 in a 6-2 bench.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

LekkerTigers
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by LekkerTigers » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:32 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:56 pm
Simmons starts 15 for Jersey tomorrow. Note all 3 of his starts for Jersey have come at 15, not 9, he hasn't played there for Jersey since the preaseason friendlies for them. Think it's safe to say he is now a back 3 player not a 9. At most he's likely to only be cover for 9 in a 6-2 bench.
That is unfortunate. Seems like he’ll be off then. Didn’t we loan him out to get more game time at 9?

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 12014
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by RagingBull » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:00 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:56 pm
Simmons starts 15 for Jersey tomorrow. Note all 3 of his starts for Jersey have come at 15, not 9, he hasn't played there for Jersey since the preaseason friendlies for them. Think it's safe to say he is now a back 3 player not a 9. At most he's likely to only be cover for 9 in a 6-2 bench.
Jersey lost their starting 15 to injury in the first championship game I believe, they basically only have 2 fit 15’s in the squad currently (inculding Simmons)

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:41 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:00 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:56 pm
Simmons starts 15 for Jersey tomorrow. Note all 3 of his starts for Jersey have come at 15, not 9, he hasn't played there for Jersey since the preaseason friendlies for them. Think it's safe to say he is now a back 3 player not a 9. At most he's likely to only be cover for 9 in a 6-2 bench.
Jersey lost their starting 15 to injury in the first championship game I believe, they basically only have 2 fit 15’s in the squad currently (inculding Simmons)
Ahh so there's a chance he could go back to 9 soon.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 12014
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by RagingBull » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:39 am

Seb Smith, Tim Hoyt and Jonny Law starting for Loughborough

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 2:14 pm
Location: Oundle

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by MurphysLaw » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:42 pm

Tigers players on show in the Cov v Notts game this weekend:
For Cov - Sam Aspland-Robinson (15), Dan Richardson (1), and Will Hurd (bench).
Nottm - Dan Lancaster (12), Joe Browning (11), Archie Vanes and Sam Edwards (both bench).

Harry Simmons starts at 15 again for Jersey v Hartpury.

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Good article on all our loanees on show for Coventry and Nottingham yesterday.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... am-6172499
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Thom Smith returns to Doncaster Knights starting line up for the first time since preseason, so looks like he's recovered from injury.

https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... TBYpA&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Simmons at 23 for Jersey
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 12014
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by RagingBull » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:34 pm
Thom Smith returns to Doncaster Knights starting line up for the first time since preseason, so looks like he's recovered from injury.

https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... TBYpA&s=19

Honestly odd given we have a Prop at 6 but I guess depends on how serious the injury might have been etc.

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 12014
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by RagingBull » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Thom Smith starts at 8 for Doncaster
Archie Vanes and Whitcombe on the bench for Nottingham
Sam Aspland-Robinson on the bench for Coventry

Rowntree and Agbongbon on the bench in Loughborough uni win v Cardiff Met
Plenty of Former academy lads in it
Joe Plunkett started at 2
Henri Lavin started at 8
Charlie Titcombe started at 10
Jamie Harding and Ollie Smith on the bench

Ajcc
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by Ajcc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:41 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:34 pm
Thom Smith returns to Doncaster Knights starting line up for the first time since preseason, so looks like he's recovered from injury.

https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... TBYpA&s=19

Honestly odd given we have a Prop at 6 but I guess depends on how serious the injury might have been etc.
Odd that he played for Doncaster the previous week it appears.

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3596
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Ajcc wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:41 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:34 pm
Thom Smith returns to Doncaster Knights starting line up for the first time since preseason, so looks like he's recovered from injury.

https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... TBYpA&s=19

Honestly odd given we have a Prop at 6 but I guess depends on how serious the injury might have been etc.
Odd that he played for Doncaster the previous week it appears.
That was his first appearance of the season post injury, probably decided it was better he play for his loan club than us
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 2:14 pm
Location: Oundle

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by MurphysLaw » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:13 pm

[quote=TigerFeetSteve post_id=799401 time=1637953659 user_id=34255]
[quote=Ajcc post_id=799385 time=1637937692 user_id=11727]
[quote=RagingBull post_id=798751 time=1637338525 user_id=10459]
[quote=TigerFeetSteve post_id=798742 time=1637336098 user_id=34255]
Thom Smith returns to Doncaster Knights starting line up for the first time since preseason, so looks like he's recovered from injury.

https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... TBYpA&s=19
[/quote]


Honestly odd given we have a Prop at 6 but I guess depends on how serious the injury might have been etc.
[/quote]

Odd that he played for Doncaster the previous week it appears.
[/quote]

That was his first appearance of the season post injury, probably decided it was better he play for his loan club than us
[/quote]

Donny had a good, gritty win against Ealing and Thom Smith apparently played very well. Here's an extract from the local newspaper report...
"The turning point came on 61 minutes as Doncaster’s super pack, Thom Smith excelling again, pinched Ealing’s ball, and Trailfinders were then penalised setting up a Doncaster lineout.

The Knights’ forwards smashed ferociously into their opponents and grabbed a 15-0 lead, stretched to 17-0 by Olver’s conversion. Their second try by hooker George Edgson in the 65th gave him particular pleasure:"

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5430
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Tigers on loan 21/22

Post by sam16111986 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:59 pm

TigerFeetSteve wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Ajcc wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:41 pm
RagingBull wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 pm



Honestly odd given we have a Prop at 6 but I guess depends on how serious the injury might have been etc.
Odd that he played for Doncaster the previous week it appears.
That was his first appearance of the season post injury, probably decided it was better he play for his loan club than us
He might have wanted the chance to cement a place in the Donny side for the rest of the season as well. If Donny have wanted to play him but he's been injured and as soon as he's available goes back to play a low key game for Tigers it might not give the best impression. Playing and playing well in the Championship is a good chance for him to put a marker down, build up some momentum and give Borthwick food for thought.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Flash, GB72 and 2 guests