Tigers vs Dragons - Saturday 4th September

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bendy

Re: Tigers vs Dragons - Saturday 4th September

Post by bendy »

Not the most insightful of comments, but I'm loving the buzz in the crowd every time Nadolo gets the ball. I've been fortunate enough to see it three times now, but I CAN'T WAIT to hear it (hopefully for the Exeter match) when there's 20k+ of us rather than 5k-10k.

I'm hoping he's in no doubt what a fan-favourite he already is!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

bendy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:53 pm Not the most insightful of comments, but I'm loving the buzz in the crowd every time Nadolo gets the ball. I've been fortunate enough to see it three times now, but I CAN'T WAIT to hear it (hopefully for the Exeter match) when there's 20k+ of us rather than 5k-10k.

I'm hoping he's in no doubt what a fan-favourite he already is!
He certainly adds some spice - but trying to look at this more dispassionately I’m ambivalent about whether his game is best suited to what Tigers are trying to achieve. We have arguably the best tactical kicking no10 in the world in our side, but we’d benefit even more from this with out and out pace on the wings to pressure defences. Add to mix the new 50:22 law, which may prove uncomfortable for wingers who have to turn and drop back at speed to defend!

Not a criticism of the player at all…it’s just a worry that his game might not be in tune with the times. Would be more than happy to be proven wrong, though!
bendy

Post by bendy »

I'd agree tbh, and without meaning this as a criticism, he's certainly not dropped any weight since joining us, so I can't imagine he's going to suddenly do so now.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

bendy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:19 pm I'd agree tbh, and without meaning this as a criticism, he's certainly not dropped any weight since joining us, so I can't imagine he's going to suddenly do so now.
He dropped a few kg between leaving Montpellier and making his Tigers debut.

He's not the quickest but he's rarely caught out of position, years of experience in some of the top leagues in the world means he reads the game well. Added to that he's got one of hell of a left foot on him, he was the place kicker for Fiji at one point. I think he'll be an asset still even with the 50/22 rules. Remember at 6ft5 and 20 odd stone he's an imposing target to try and drop the kick over the top of and if you fail to get it over the top of him and he's running it back then your teammates are not going to be pleased.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:06 pm
bendy wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:19 pm I'd agree tbh, and without meaning this as a criticism, he's certainly not dropped any weight since joining us, so I can't imagine he's going to suddenly do so now.

He's not the quickest but he's rarely caught out of position, years of experience in some of the top leagues in the world means he reads the game well. Added to that he's got one of hell of a left foot on him, he was the place kicker for Fiji at one point. I think he'll be an asset still even with the 50/22 rules. Remember at 6ft5 and 20 odd stone he's an imposing target to try and drop the kick over the top of and if you fail to get it over the top of him and he's running it back then your teammates are not going to be pleased.
I've always thought he's looked good playing a kick chase game tbh
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:40 pm

Steve, are you sure your seat is facing the pitch? 😂😶
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Personally I think if you want the best out if Nemani you need to pass him the ball or make it look like you are going to.
As for his weight he had definitely lost some before the start of last season but after his injury it looked like it was back on again & there was tape on the hamstring again at the weekend..
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Dokie wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:37 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:40 pm

Steve, are you sure your seat is facing the pitch? 😂😶
The crossfield kick has been used to give Nadolo try scoring opportunities on many occasions throughout his career. He's got a good leap for a big man and his height and power mean you'll do well to muscle him out.

Agree with Wayne though, what we want is to be creating opportunities for him to be going one on one with his opposite number. Running him on his own on a crash ball has been effective but it's not getting the best out of him. In the wide channels with support for his offloading game and he's lethal.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Was/is it just me?
I can't recall Scarlets, Dragons or Tigers being pinged for high tackles.
What I can recall are one on one hip or leg tackles with several from the Tigers failing before offload with opposition crash through.
Is this going to be the future of the tackle technique? What will Mr Weisse do on his return?

Looking forward to a full house and a good match on Saturday!