Lionesses ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Lionesses ?

Post by kk20gb30 »

Much speculation recently and according to 'The Rugby Paper' (22/8/21) The Lions managing director Ben Calveley has stated it is a 'when ' and not 'if ' situation in terms of a women's touring party.Potential opponents are France, Canada and of course New Zealand.
Personally think this will happen and not necessarily a bad thing.The key and deciding factor however , beyond sporting endeavour and potential achievement will be profitability.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Lionesses ?

Post by Scott1 »

Good luck to them but it's not for me. Not fan at all of any women's sport.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Not a fan of any woman's sport??
How dare they, next they will want to vote and even drink in bars. Nothing is sacred with this modern notion of equality.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:51 pm Not a fan of any woman's sport??
How dare they, next they will want to vote and even drink in bars. Nothing is sacred with this modern notion of equality.
There's always one 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:21 am Good luck to them but it's not for me. Not fan at all of any women's sport.
I know, right, how dare women have the opportunity to demonstrate their sporting ability? While we're at it, whoever thought it was a good idea to let women act?
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Charles II?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:16 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:21 am Good luck to them but it's not for me. Not fan at all of any women's sport.
I know, right, how dare women have the opportunity to demonstrate their sporting ability? While we're at it, whoever thought it was a good idea to let women act?
Absolute state of some of these people today! You don’t even know why I don’t like women’s sport,guess what though I don’t like rugby 7s either,or rugby league,or golf,or tennis,or Formula 1 amongst other things. Bet that’s stumped you for a comeback though. 😂
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Yep you've got me, I have thought and deliberated with my obviously muddled and mixed up brain! Is it you don't like womens sports or is it more about women playing any sport? I have to give in, so please explain??
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:44 pm Yep you've got me, I have thought and deliberated with my obviously muddled and mixed up brain! Is it you don't like womens sports or is it more about women playing any sport? I have to give in, so please explain??
Just don’t enjoy the product. I find it hilarious now though that we live in a world where folk can’t wait to play the sexist card,or the race card,or whatever other cards there are. What a world ay!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think the Team GB 7s showed the demand and potential for a Lioness team, would be nice to have fresh destinations rather than copy and paste from the Mens. So touring places like Fiji or Canada who have strong female sides would be a good idea.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Being truthful and I don't really find women's rugby that interesting currently.
1. With no Tigers team (Well until now) not that interested in the clubs.
2. The gaps between International teams are just way too large IMO.

and I struggle to see how well a Lioness team tour would fare based on the current gaps.

I also think there is a massive difference between how the game is played within the men's game let alone between the women's and men's so to claim it's the same game IMO is a bit disingenuous.

For example the way Bristol play is massively different to say Saracens did.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

What a biased unbalanced view. I would be interested in your views on disabled sports. Is this also a product that doesn't interest you?
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I do find it a shame that people get shot down if they say they don’t like something. I’m sure there’s something everyone doesn’t like.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and isn’t a fans forum a good place for it?
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Ofc people are entitled to their view. But to say “not a fan of women’s sport” is a blanket comment that says “no matter what the sport or the quality of the play, I don’t like it as they are not men.” I know this isn’t what Scott means but that’s how it comes across.

It is in no way the same as saying “I enjoy rugby union but am not a fan of rugby league.”

I assume Scott say stony faced during the recent Olympics as soon as the women’s events came on, before returning to an electrified fan as soon as the men’s events returned to the screen.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 pm Being truthful and I don't really find women's rugby that interesting currently.
1. With no Tigers team (Well until now) not that interested in the clubs.
2. The gaps between International teams are just way too large IMO.

and I struggle to see how well a Lioness team tour would fare based on the current gaps.

I also think there is a massive difference between how the game is played within the men's game let alone between the women's and men's so to claim it's the same game IMO is a bit disingenuous.

For example the way Bristol play is massively different to say Saracens did.
The beauty of women's rugby is that the players remind me more of grassroots players, I am a fan of rugby being a game for all shapes and sizes and top level men's rugby needs to stop trying to bulk every player up and get back to a skill based game rather than who can hit the hardest