Match day Parking

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Match day Parking

Post by ay2oh »

Can anyone give me recommendations for match day parking. The one we used to use in Gateway Strret is now closed and the one on Havelock Street opposite the L.R.I is very expensive at £8. Is there a car park near the fire station ?
A2O
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Match day Parking

Post by loretta »

Only on street, and there’s less of that than there used to be
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If driving in from outside, the Park and Rides are good value but for 3pm matches only and they are closed by 7pm and on Sundays.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Used to be able to park on a bit of waste ground near the King Power, off Raw Dyke road I think, for a fiver. Not sure if it’s still there
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I’ve always parked either at the King Power (£5) or on Freeman’s Leisure Park, buy a J2O to walk down with (£2.95)
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I used to park in the car park at the top of Welford Road, which I think was part of the university. This started to get redeveloped towards the end of the 2019-2020 season and they have demolished and rebuilt what appears to be more student blocks. Unfortunately there is no parking there now so I will be looking for somewhere else. It's a shame this car park has gone as it was very well used, out of the main traffic problems and fairly easy to access and exit.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
alistu

Post by alistu »

Used to be able to park in the nurses accommodation of walnut street
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I've parked on street at Viccy Park or Newarke Street car park (£4 for 4 hours)

A lot depends on how far you want to walk.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

We usually try to park on the bus lane, not sure if that will be still possible, especially if our esteemed Mayorship decides to create another cycle lane.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Forgot to add that the bus from Enderby stops right outside the ground and is included in the price
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:03 pm We usually try to park on the bus lane, not sure if that will be still possible, especially if our esteemed Mayorship decides to create another cycle lane.
Oh yes he blocked out a lane to create a cycle path on Saffron Lane. Not withstanding there was already an extra wide pavement with a cycle lane already in place. You struggle to believe it!

We live in a world of numpties who re-invent a poor version of the wheel and treat those who point out the obvious as dangerous heretics!

Perhaps Tigers might point out the hassle these half wit schemes will cause come match day for us and a City.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Mol2 I fear the first hurdle with our mayor is the fact he likes to live off the back of the Fox's success as a supporter; and secondly he's of an era of Tigers/Council/The Rec (Nelson Mandela Park) fighting.

Little chance of any Tigers comments regarding vehicle access/parking and Welford Road being considered me thinks.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Leicester Rowing Club , Upperton Road regularly opened for parking on home match days and possibly have plans to again this coming season.Worth giving them a call.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Can anyone give an update on the construction of the multi-storey car park behind the Crumbie? They announced that they were going to start construction in March 2020 but as I haven't been to the stadium in a long time I have no idea whether or not this happened. The webcam only shows the construction of the hotel.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

The area behind the Crumbie is still a car park, open to the public daily apart from when Tigers have events on. The multi storey was I think, supposed to be a joint effort between Tigers and the hospital, so might depend on hospital finances due to Covid
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day