16 – Malcolm Marx
17 – Trevor Nyakane
18 – Vincent Koch
19 – Marvin Orie
20 – Marco van Staden
21 – Dan du Preez
22 – Herschel Jantjies
23 – Morné Steyn
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2021

Post by Darc Tiger »

Jasper played really well today. :smt041
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:42 pm Jasper played really well today. :smt041
He had a blinder! Starting to look very comfortable as part of the Boks side. MVS has looked pretty good too.
I am looking forward to seeing both of them on the pitch playing for Tigers
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Both their performances today suggest will will have some great ball carrying options next season. With Gengey and Montya too I am really looking forward to some good ball for the whole team to play with.

:smt045
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Building nicely for the 2 clashes between New Zealand and South Africa played Sept/October on consecutive weekends....
intriguing match up
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

SA team v Argentina

Willie le Roux; Cheslin Kolbe, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi; Handre Pollard, Cobus Reinach; Jasper Wiese, Franco Mostert, Siya Kolisi (capt); Lood de Jager, Marvin Orie; Thomas du Toit, Malcolm Marx, Trevor Nyakane

Replacements: Bongi Mbonambi, Steven Kitshoff, Frans Malherbe, Nicolaas van Rensburg, Kwagga Smith, Dan du Preez, Jaden Hendrikse, Damian Willemse
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Now NZ has closed it's borders and cancelled their games, I wonder if the Championship will continue or if they will call a halt to it? We might get our players back a bit earlier if that happens I guess.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Argentina make wholesale changes for Second Test Vs South Africa:

Argentina: 15 Juan Cruz Mallía, 14 Ignacio Mendy, 13 Santiago Chocobares, 12 Jerónimo de la Fuente, 11 Santiago Carreras, 10 Domingo Miotti, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Rodrigo Bruni, 7 Guido Petti, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomás Lavanini, 4 Matías Alemanno, 3 Francisco Gómez Kodela, 2 Julián Montoya (captain), 1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro

Reserves: 16 Facundo Bosch, 17 Facundo Gigena, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Marcos Kremer, 20 Juan Martín González, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Nicolás Sánchez, 23 Lucio Cinti

https://www.talkingrugbyunion.co.uk/arg ... /31322.htm
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:38 am Now NZ has closed it's borders and cancelled their games, I wonder if the Championship will continue or if they will call a halt to it? We might get our players back a bit earlier if that happens I guess.
Yes,there's no point in carrying on now tbf.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Agree that there is not much poing in carrying on but money and TV revenue will mean that the remaining matches will probably still go ahead regardless.

That said, part of that is me looking at the position as a Tigers fan who wants our players back. If, for example, France pulled out of the 6 Nations due to Covid, I would still want to see the rest of the tournament played out.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Not sure how they are going to work it out now, I'm guessing the RC has a pre-defined player release window and if fixtures change clubs may be able to demand their players return to them, maybe SA finish their fixtures against Argentina and then the winner of those overall plays NZ in the Autumn in a final?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 am Not sure how they are going to work it out now, I'm guessing the RC has a pre-defined player release window and if fixtures change clubs may be able to demand their players return to them, maybe SA finish their fixtures against Argentina and then the winner of those overall plays NZ in the Autumn in a final?
But with fixtures already signed and agreed in the autumn it's not that straightforward....
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

The word here in Australia is that the competition will relocate to Europe in Sept/Oct and will be played as double-headers in various European and UK cities.

Bledisloe 3 is rumoured to be played at Wembley on 9th October if it can't be rescheduled in Australia on 4th September.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 am Not sure how they are going to work it out now, I'm guessing the RC has a pre-defined player release window and if fixtures change clubs may be able to demand their players return to them, maybe SA finish their fixtures against Argentina and then the winner of those overall plays NZ in the Autumn in a final?
SH clubs don't have games scheduled for quite a while after the RC, or at least not games that would involve test players.

The RC can't be delayed much as it will then clash with the Autumn Internationals.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!