Away Travel New Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Away Travel New Season

Post by johnthegriff »

Please note that for when the new season commences I have decided that I will no longer be organising coach travel for away supporters.
Having taken over the role from Peter Jaques almost a quarter of a century ago the break created by Covid 19 is an opportune time to finish.
I had a zoom meeting with a representative of the club and they will continue the service on behalf of the supporters. Booking will be through the Ticket Office and they are better equipped to take payment in advance a definite improvement on me collecting cash and cheques en-route.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Away Travel New Season

Post by ay2oh »

Thanks John for everything that you have done. We have had many enjoyable trips at home and in Europe. Hopefully we will see you in Jersey.
A2O
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Well, what an achievement 25 years of the hassle organising coaches, hotels, ferries and fares and all the excess going to charity. Well done John long may you be a travelling supporter. I hope the club arrangements match your very high standards, there must be hundreds that have travelled under your organisational efforts. Thankyou. :smt038 :smt023
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Many thanks John for your stellar work over the years
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

All the best John
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RAFPvetTiger

Post by RAFPvetTiger »

Many thanks for your sterling efforts over the years John, I’ll buy you a pint in Jersey. 👍🇮🇹🐯🏉
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Thanks John , great job.Enjoy quieter times. :smt038
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
bendy

Post by bendy »

Just echoing the thanks and well done!

We've never been the biggest travelling fans, but when we have travelled your service has always been impeccable.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great job done over many years.
Only said the odd “ hello” etc at away games and I hope I continue to spot you at away games.
There were some away games in the last few seasons where only a few of us Tigers’ fans went but I always thought, as I appeared the only one walking to the grounds, “ At least John will be there with a coach load of Tigers.”
Hope the away fans flock back this season.
Great effort by you.
Billb
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Billb »

Many thanks John for all the years you have organised trips to the European games. Always enjoyed the coach trips, and especially the train trips to Toulon.
Not sure we will.be able to afford European trips if tigers are the organisers. Have to look at flights and hotels as soon as the fixtures are announced.
BillB
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Billb wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:20 pm Many thanks John for all the years you have organised trips to the European games. Always enjoyed the coach trips, and especially the train trips to Toulon.
Not sure we will.be able to afford European trips if tigers are the organisers. Have to look at flights and hotels as soon as the fixtures are announced.
Many hotels allow you to amend/cancel without charge up until quite close to the date of the booking. I have a relative who has booked hotels from Thursday to Monday for all 4 weekends and will amend and cancel as required when the fixture times are confirmed. Flights, however, are a completely different story.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I’m hoping to go to Bordeaux but will travel by train from St Pancras via Lille.
A2O
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 am I’m hoping to go to Bordeaux but will travel by train from St Pancras via Lille.
How much is that please?