Rassie vs The World

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rassie vs The World

Post by Postiger2 »

Except for the red card, allowing illegal binding for the entire game and giving the try when the scorer had lost control.

SA have been the better side but RE has got inside the official's head imho
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:01 pm Except for the red card, allowing illegal binding for the entire game and giving the try when the scorer had lost control.

Red was a yellow,correct call,try was too. He’s let the Lions off with 2 blatant turnover penalties too,great reffing today!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:07 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:01 pm Except for the red card, allowing illegal binding for the entire game and giving the try when the scorer had lost control.

Red was a yellow,correct call,try was too. He’s let the Lions off with 2 blatant turnover penalties too,great reffing today!
Disagree on both counts but there you go. It's irrelevant that Kolbe wasn't looking at the ball, it's dangerous play, if that's not an SA player in a home game then it's a red card. I was amazed that Kolbe only got a yellow. He didn't get a yellow for going head in on Tom Curry either. Nigel Owens seemed to think the incident was worthy of a red- I'll go with his opinion.

SA have been the better side but they've had the benefit of the big calls.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:11 pm

Disagree on both counts but there you go. It's irrelevant that Kolbe wasn't looking at the ball, it's dangerous play, if that's not an SA player in a home game then it's a red card. I was amazed that Kolbe only got a yellow. He didn't get a yellow for going head in on Tom Curry either. Nigel Owens seemed to think the incident was worthy of a red- I'll go with his opinion.

He said Watson was a yellow last week and it wasn’t given so there you go!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:12 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:11 pm

He said Watson was a yellow last week and it wasn’t given so there you go!
So? That doesn't make today's decision any more correct does it?! Anyway, we're not going to agree so let's not bore everyone else any further!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rassie’s video was more alleviating the pressure off his players than anything else.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:21 pm So Rassie Erasmus has taken the off field antics to a new level and released an hour long video including 23 clips in which he goes in pretty hard on the refereeing team from last week, personally not sure how I feel about all this, on the one hand I have been pretty critical about refereeing standards in the last few years so its refreshing to see somebody official pointing this stuff out but on the other hand a 1 hour public video is maybe not the right way to do it.

Edit: forgot to add the link to the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFrwtf ... ymag.co.za
It worked, should have been 2 red cards for SA but the ref and more importantly the TMO bottled it
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:35 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:21 pm So Rassie Erasmus has taken the off field antics to a new level and released an hour long video including 23 clips in which he goes in pretty hard on the refereeing team from last week, personally not sure how I feel about all this, on the one hand I have been pretty critical about refereeing standards in the last few years so its refreshing to see somebody official pointing this stuff out but on the other hand a 1 hour public video is maybe not the right way to do it.

Edit: forgot to add the link to the video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFrwtf ... ymag.co.za
It worked, should have been 2 red cards for SA but the ref and more importantly the TMO bottled it
The Lions got away with a couple too,Mako shoulder to Etzebeths head and Itojes knee on De Allendes neck. We could say well the citing officer has seen nothing in them but looks to me like he could be blind! 😂
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TMO for the first two test has been a South African.....how about Barnes doing the 3rd Test if he is still in SA?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:40 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:35 pm

The Lions got away with a couple too,Mako shoulder to Etzebeths head and Itojes knee on De Allendes neck. We could say well the citing officer has seen nothing in them but looks to me like he could be blind! 😂
Or the biscuits were sent in advance.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.skysports.com/share/12371109

Rassie summoned to a misconduct hearing.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:03 pm https://www.skysports.com/share/12371109

So instead of acknowledging his valid points and improving the standard of refereeing, World Rugby has decided to act like a third world dictatorship and punish any cricism. I would say unbelievable, but unfortunately our once great sport has history of such.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Pellsey wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:01 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:03 pm https://www.skysports.com/share/12371109

So instead of acknowledging his valid points and improving the standard of refereeing, World Rugby has decided to act like a third world dictatorship and punish any cricism. I would say unbelievable, but unfortunately our once great sport has history of such.
He may have had valid points but there are the correct channels to go down. It was not juts a counter punch but an all out attack on the officials. One hour of moaning..........he deserves any punishment that comes his way in my opinion.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

As in all walks of life there is a right way and a wrong way, a 62 minute rant and a burner account in my humble opinion is the wrong way
You could imagine the fall out from him that would come if it had been Gatland ranting
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:40 am

As in all walks of life there is a right way and a wrong way, a 62 minute rant and a burner account in my humble opinion is the wrong way
You could imagine the fall out from him that would come if it had been Gatland ranting
I would agree that there may have been "better", maybe more official, methods to get his points accross, but maybe he is tired of doing that and having no changes made. I can never see World Rugby actually admitting any fault of their own.