Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: 100

Post by LE18 »

Why do Tigers fans sing "Always look on the bright side of life"? The late Graham Willars' favourite, hope you all know who he was.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

We have nether had a song to sing!
It’s been covered on here many times over the years.
What I would like is a new tune for the players to run out to as Smoke On The Water goes right back to when we went pro, it was a song chosen by the senior dressing room back in the day, why can’t we have something more related to the Tigers and current, any ideas🤷‍♂️
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chappie wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:26 pm We have nether had a song to sing!
It’s been covered on here many times over the years.
What I would like is a new tune for the players to run out to as Smoke On The Water goes right back to when we went pro, it was a song chosen by the senior dressing room back in the day, why can’t we have something more related to the Tigers and current, any ideas🤷‍♂️
Eye Of the Tiger
Tiger feet
Anything by Cat Stevens
Roar by Katy Perry
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wWQ7wrPyUe0&feature=share

Now this could have some legs with a few tweaks ? :smt035
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Not a bad shout.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

If it ain't broken.....

Smoke on the water is a great and powerful rift which is now strongly associated with the Tigers entry to a rugby field. We don't have that many traditions so long may it last together with the Black Eyed Peas anthem when we win :smt023 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
nasher

Post by nasher »

I have watched two matches so far and found its nothing better than T20(will not watch many more) . It is a cynical cash driven attempt designed to destroy the county system. Smaller counties like Leicester and Derby will gain nothing and may collapse. As usual money talks.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

nasher wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:17 pm I have watched two matches so far and found its nothing better than T20(will not watch many more) . It is a cynical cash driven attempt designed to destroy the county system. Smaller counties like Leicester and Derby will gain nothing and may collapse. As usual money talks.
It's worse than 20/20 imo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:30 pm
nasher wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:17 pm I have watched two matches so far and found its nothing better than T20(will not watch many more) . It is a cynical cash driven attempt designed to destroy the county system. Smaller counties like Leicester and Derby will gain nothing and may collapse. As usual money talks.
It's worse than 20/20 imo
Something we agree on Scott :smt052 Another thing I can't identify many of the players, who are they, where do they come from, who do they usually play for :smt017
I see a big similarity to the Welsh Regional Rugby and the way that damaged their clubs, it could do the same to County cricket and its clubs.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

One thing I'll say about it, given the fact the one day tournament is still being played in parallel is it's giving some of the younger county players a chance to prove themselves
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The one big thing is terrestrial TV coverage, think Cricket has woken up to it not just being about money, the lack of exposure has harmed the game.
The mirroring of the Womens tournament is a positive as well.

Rugby should take note.
To win is not as important as playing with style!